Forums: Art & Literature:
Writing

Anyone reading Steven Erikson's "A Tale of the Malazan Book of the Fallen &q

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#1New Post! Oct 04, 2008 @ 20:55:35
Ive read the dark towers, half the wheel of time series and all the dragon lance and forgotten realms books. This series is honestly the best fantasy ive ever read and it blows Lord of the Rings, which ive read a few times, out of the water.

To see this series made into a movie would be the ultimate. Presuming they didn't change to much.

Steven Erikson writes so well even when hes talking about boring stuff it's still fun to read....one of the only books ive read where this happens.

The only series I thought was super interesting and really well written,especially the first one written by jeff grub(one of the co creators of ther popular pen and paper game D&D).

This series was called the cale erivis trilogy in the forgotten realms world.

Anyone else think this series by steven erikson is one of the best ever written fantasy wise?
procyon On October 27, 2008

auckland, New Zealand
#2New Post! Oct 04, 2008 @ 21:48:37
YES YES YEEEES!
Though, in my mind, no one tops the master, Tolkien, Jordan(final book, Mystery of Light, is coming out very soon(see Dragonmount.com, run by Jordan's widow, for more info))and Erikson/Esslemont come a very close second. Both authors Steven Erikson and Ian C Esslemont(see Night of Knives)envisioned this world. I havn't gotten up to Reapers Gale, but we in NewZealand (Aotearoa)have the added advantage of getting the British releases. Way better, in my mind, cover artwork. To me American cover art & cover block-writing just looks too comercial, even too Disney. Compare Unwin's First ED. of LotR to Houghton Mifflans(Go to the tolkien collector to see). The Mifflan ones are revolting. BUT I own 40+ copies of Lord of the Rings and my finest is Mifflan's 50th anniversary edition bound in leather and gilded. Unwin would be green with envy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs