The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Science:
Psychology

What's your Myers-Briggs personality type?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
CoachRob On November 26, 2008

Essex, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Oct 04, 2008 @ 15:27:02
Broken Rose great post thanks.

Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 50 38 33
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#17New Post! Oct 21, 2008 @ 04:12:50
My results are as follows

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
17 12 38 33

Here's the link to that test Human Metrics

ThunderingEcho On March 25, 2009

Live Oak, Florida
#18New Post! Oct 23, 2008 @ 03:57:36
There many different trait theories...it been around a long time even Hippocrates was in on the act as he noticed that his clients had certain inate tendencies which he then described.

Jung can along and as he had training in language he noticed that people had tendencies toward certain behaviors in language use...similes for concrete thinker versus metaphors for systematic thinker; thereby by listening to people's language use tendencies you can defined their types...

Then of course there was Ad***es four world view: dogmatic, agnostic, traditional and innovative.

Kretschmer talk about abnormal behavior tendencies: hyperesthectic, anesthetic, melancholic, hypomanic.

However Adler made Kretschmer's abnormal behaviors tendencies a little more clear by saying that when a person is under duress and self-esteem is low then...it is recognition, power, service and revenge..

Then there also was spranger and his concepts of human values...theoretic, economic, artistic...then came Myers and Briggs.
mr_ash On January 08, 2013

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Oct 25, 2008 @ 01:22:50
@BrokenRose Said

Oh ok, well I just wasn't sure so i'll post it now.
https://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

I've tried MB tests before, since having the internet. Usually the same results. It's interesting stuff.

However this test I don't think is that good. 'Yes or No' answers to questions aren't as accurate (IMO) as a 'statement' that has options for agree, strongly agree, disagree etc etc...

This one gives me..

ENTP
11 12 100 22

Valenas On March 04, 2009

Here, United States (general)
#20New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 01:24:33
I am INTJ. :] However, I am three points away from being an INTP. So, I am somewhat borderline, I guess.

I think it would be interesting to go into work places and different societies and see how people score in relation to what they do or what roles they play.
senada On April 08, 2011

Birmingham, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jan 18, 2009 @ 19:03:42
Alright, I'm quite familiar with the mbti, anyway i've been tested ENTP for the most part
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jan 18, 2009 @ 19:12:48
I am INTJ- 56 25 56 78.
senada On April 08, 2011

#23New Post! Jan 18, 2009 @ 19:21:16
@mr_ash Said

I've tried MB tests before, since having the internet. Usually the same results. It's interesting stuff.

However this test I don't think is that good. 'Yes or No' answers to questions aren't as accurate (IMO) as a 'statement' that has options for agree, strongly agree, disagree etc etc...

This one gives me..

ENTP
11 12 100 22

I thought as much.

Retests usually help.
plaidmushroom On January 30, 2012

Deleted

Cape Coral, Florida
#24New Post! Jan 18, 2009 @ 19:50:29
I'm ENFJ.

Extroverted: 33%
Intuitive: 50%
Feeling:62%
Judging: 11%

You are:

* moderately expressed extrovert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

I think it was pretty accurate. I also read the job matches for it and one of them was a counselor, I want to be a child psychologist so I'm pretty happy about that.
senada On April 08, 2011

#25New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 15:04:23
I read your personality result and eventually land on your signature 'Be kind. Remember everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle', I see how that fits with your temperamental traits

I have few friends that were typed ENFJ, they're crazy funny yet serious and devoted to their tasks. Sweet.

Well, ciao.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#26New Post! Jan 19, 2009 @ 15:26:32
Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
11 31 75 11

I'm not a huge Jung fan, but this is pretty close. I'm frequently described as compassionate; I don't always get that right, but when people are "real", with me, I'll return the favor. When I hurt someone, it takes forever for me to get over it. Angelic, I'm not. Just like I.Q. tests, they're just numbers.
ThunderingEcho On March 25, 2009

Live Oak, Florida
#27New Post! Jan 20, 2009 @ 00:45:13
When we are talking trait theories my first thought is about Jung and the first question that comes to mind, when I think of Carl Jung is, where do you start?

Even though his influence permeates many aspects of psychology, I am going to start in the same place Adler did and build on the major characteristic of Jung?s view of people. Jung?s view was that human behavior is conditioned not only by the past but also by the future. Thus, the causal emphasis was an interaction of innate and experiential factors (individual and racial history) which foundationalized a search for wholeness, completion, and a desire for rebirth.

Jung?s view was holistic, social, goal-oriented, systemic, and humanistic which are also the characteristic of Adler?s therapeutic perspective (Corey, 2005). One can sum up both men?s approaches in one word: ?teleology? (goal-oriented). A goal-oriented focus is driven by the needs of a subjective perception of reality that is acted upon by inner and outer forces. There is a striving for balance between significance and wholeness.

When one think about Jung?s work the striving for balance always comes to mind: balance between light and dark, good and evil, inner and outer. Although it sounds esoteric this is a very pragmatic view. If there was nothing but bright light.. a beam of light would be hard to see, but if there was no light, a steam of light becomes the focus. In nature everything has balance and if that balance is disturbed then the system functions erratically (neurotically) till it finds balance again.

Balance was the foundation of Jung?s perspective. He defined the psyche (total personality as a series of interacting systems: the ego, the personal unconscious (complete with its complexes), the collective unconscious, archetypes, anima vs. animus, and the shadow. He used these schemas when discussing the structure of personality and the psychic energy that allowed it to function. Jung?s psychic energy or libido was governed by the principal laws of energy, seeking balance by using the principles of equivalence and entropy. The first concept states that energy can not be destroyed nor created, thus any energy that is in a system must still be there in the system, somewhere. Thus, if energy is repressed in one area of the system it will reappear in some other value as in a dream or fantasy; thereby, maintaining a balance (entropy) among the various components.

The question is do you believe Jung? Personally, I must admit I have a few problems with his views. Nonetheless, I find the concept of temperament types to be very useful in evaluating behavior. I believe that people have certain tendencies or patterns. For instance Jung?s thoughts on language use, and whether your language demonstrates a tendency toward the concrete or is it systematic and categorical can be used as tool in assessment (Keirsey, 1998).

Jung himself was a systematic and categorical thinker. His writing was high on elucidation and high on appreciation, and filled with metaphors and analogies. It makes it hard for many people to conceptualize. The fact that it is hard to conceptualize for the concrete, structured thinker, has led some people to ignore its possible validity, so I believe. But never fear, Jung?s theory of synchronicity would ensure that the psychic energy utilized in conceptualizing his constructs and views will allow the materialization of his constructs although I am not sure how the concepts of equivalence and entropy will find a balance then.

The last thought I have on temperament tpes is to say that the data indicates that there is valitity to trait theory concepts.
radicolpotato On September 14, 2018

magna,
#28New Post! Jan 20, 2009 @ 00:59:51
Your Type is
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
56 25 12 17
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply