Forums: Gaming:
Video Games

Star Wars:Force Unleashed

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
procyon On October 27, 2008

auckland, New Zealand
#1New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 05:21:19
I've just bought the new Star Wars:Force Unleashed game for ps3. I was wondering what people's impressions of it are. I've only defeated two Jedi masters so far. I'm finding it very last gen. graphically and that brings up another point . In the US the Xbox360 performs much better in console sales than does Sony's Ps3. Do any of our American Forumsters who have played the 360 version or both(or anyone from anywhere[including Coroscant])have any input, good or bad, about this game, which is supposed to be official, George Lucas approved, Canon. I will play the game out, to see what happens to Starkiller, before I take it back to the shop for credit towards Saints Row2(which I'll be keeping). I think some kind of multiplaya would have been nice too, but how do you fit multiplaya gaming into a title like this?
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#2New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 05:25:49
This is where I get nerdy. I'm a Star Wars fan, but I take no shame in admitting that. The game looks so good to me (graphically and storywise) that I'll have to get it. But I don't have the latest generation console either, and I won't settle for a PS2 version. I don't know if it's available for XBox. If it's not, I'll be getting the PS3.
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#3New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 05:54:09
i have played demos on each console as i own both
mild tearing on 360 if you 360 the camera to fast
ps3 frame rate isn't as good in parts but visually smoother
there both buggy as hell (shame on Lucas Arts for rushing it to the shelf's) hope this helps
stardar On January 28, 2009

blah,
#4New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 05:56:34
I haven't played any more than the demo, but I have heard from people in a game store that it was short and not very impressive graphic wise. I was also told it had cool moves but that was about it.

and to backseat, I don't believe it is on the original xbox, actually I'm almost positive, since they stopped making new games for that console, while they are still making games for the ps2.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 08:33:16
The wii version is supposed to be the best version. Although it is not graphically on par, it makes up for it with solid controls making it more enjoyable.

The game is terribly short too.
procyon On October 27, 2008

auckland, New Zealand
#6New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 11:21:26
To BSCynic. If you lived outside of the US I'd suggest PS3(due to PS3 performing better outside the US), but with multigaming nowadays your gaming m8s could come from anywhere(out of the 30 I've befriended so far, none come from EnZed), so it doesn't really matter whether your gaming-buddies be local or global. Star Wars Force Unleashed does come out on Xbox's 360, so you're down to the age-old dilemma of Xbox or PS3. There's a forum on this site on that very subject which, if you havn't read already, is worth going through for people's views. Personally I'd go for the PS3(remember you're getting the blu-ray bundled in with it)as there are some awesome titles coming out on that plarform(God of WarIII, Infamous, Motorstorm:Pacific Rift), but being the whore for gaming that I am, I'm thinking of getting me a 360 as many gamers have both consoles for access to console-only exclusives(360 nabbed exclusivity to Final Fantasy 13). So good luck in your Quest.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 21:29:07
@procyon Said
To BSCynic. If you lived outside of the US I'd suggest PS3(due to PS3 performing better outside the US), but with multigaming nowadays your gaming m8s could come from anywhere(out of the 30 I've befriended so far, none come from EnZed), so it doesn't really matter whether your gaming-buddies be local or global. Star Wars Force Unleashed does come out on Xbox's 360, so you're down to the age-old dilemma of Xbox or PS3. There's a forum on this site on that very subject which, if you havn't read already, is worth going through for people's views. Personally I'd go for the PS3(remember you're getting the blu-ray bundled in with it)as there are some awesome titles coming out on that plarform(God of WarIII, Infamous, Motorstorm:Pacific Rift), but being the whore for gaming that I am, I'm thinking of getting me a 360 as many gamers have both consoles for access to console-only exclusives(360 nabbed exclusivity to Final Fantasy 13). So good luck in your Quest.

Is it wrong if I point out Nintendo get more exclusive games than the other 2?
stardar On January 28, 2009

blah,
#8New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 02:51:00
I would say its more of a game for fun, you can win no matter what combination of buttons you smash...

I thought it was hilarious, compared to other video games, it's just laughable in my opinion. Though very entertaining with the moves.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs