Forums: Random:
Is it true?

rattlesnake attack after head chopped off

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
wahoozidotcom On October 21, 2008

Farmington,
#1New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 19:52:24
this story is entirely true and happened about four years ago. If you live in rattlesnake country and go camping, you had better know how to fight a snake and win, when you chop off a rattlesnake head you don't go up and grap it because it will bite you, you put it in the ground and cover it with alot of dirt.
My brother killed one while we were camping and we had a friend with us who was petrified of snakes. He said he wanted the rattle off the tail so we told him we would hike the next day and see if it was still there. We ended up finding it and told him that if he wanted it to go and get it. It seemed to be futher under a bush than we last rememberd. He grabbed the tail and the bloody stump where the head used to be struck him right on the hand that grabbed it. Needless to say, my friend is still afraid of snakes.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#2New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 20:01:38
Yeah, this is indeed true; I saw this on Man vs. Wild...
interesting - and scary, huh?
Tekgirl On November 14, 2008

Miami, Florida
#3New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 20:12:40
That is just a scary story. I'm terrified of snakes as well, I don't to see one from up close, although I have touched a python but that's just about it. Me here them there.
thunderstick On September 22, 2010

manchester, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 20:31:15
@wahoozidotcom Said
this story is entirely true and happened about four years ago. If you live in rattlesnake country and go camping, you had better know how to fight a snake and win, when you chop off a rattlesnake head you don't go up and grap it because it will bite you, you put it in the ground and cover it with alot of dirt.
My brother killed one while we were camping and we had a friend with us who was petrified of snakes. He said he wanted the rattle off the tail so we told him we would hike the next day and see if it was still there. We ended up finding it and told him that if he wanted it to go and get it. It seemed to be futher under a bush than we last rememberd. He grabbed the tail and the bloody stump where the head used to be struck him right on the hand that grabbed it. Needless to say, my friend is still afraid of snakes.

I bet the head was still watching when he picked it up!

I was told you should bury the head as well, as the venom is still lethal....that's some reflex for a snake.
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#5New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 20:38:52
I live in snake & wild animal country. Any animal that u cut the head off has a lifespan: seconds thru minutes
wahoozidotcom On October 21, 2008

Farmington,
#6New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 03:35:46
In theory yes, but there are many instances that defy theory and "proof". This happens to be one of them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs