Obama/Ayers

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
bludor On October 09, 2008

Deleted

Long Beach, New York
#76New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 18:00:25
Thanx, Scoob ... but it sure is a shame the way things are, today ... hmmmm, makes me wonder how many times that's been said by those who came before me? Blu
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#77New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 01:13:46
@bludor Said
Spinkiegirl, I'm not gonna change your views either but I certainly am going to defend mine. What, you think I'm so shallow that a "single" inccident involving a Black friend would cause me to color my perception of an entire race? Jeeze, Louise, I grew up in the "ghetto" as it was called back then. The block I lived on had more Black and Hispanic than Whites. I could care less what color or language they spoke ... to me, they were simply seen as "neighbors." Again, I was not raised in a household that served up racism with the morning cereal (or anything else for that matter). My best friends, as kids, were Black. My Mom's best friend all her life was Helen, a Black woman. In fact my mother moved into her home until her death 9 yrs ago. Now Helen, too, has passed.
All my growing up years, I hung with Blacks. I played with them, worked with them, went to their weddings and never once did "color" enter into as far as "I" was concerned. THAT I would learn, later ... from them!
Yeah, you are right, I DID hear a racist comment from a white person, but it was only the one comment and that was when I was 18. It was such a vicious comment that I was stunned by it. That's the God's truth!!!! But that wasn't at work!
So I DO know that there are white people out there who hate Blacks every bit as much as Blacks hate them, but those are NOT the kind of people I care to associate with, so why would I want to associate with Blacks who do that? I say it again, I DID LEARN RACISM FROM BLACKS and NOT WHITES! And again, that inccident with my used-to-be-best buddy was just the final straw, it was not the first time.

It got to the point, that when I was speaking with a Black person, I had to watch "how" I worded things. Example: one morning I commented to a Black co-worker how pretty she looked in the red blouse she was wearing. Her response, "Oh, c'mon. You know all Black people look good in red!" And she walked off in a huff. I thought, you friggin' can't win, here!
I could site a dozen or so of these little "snipes. I call them "snipes" because that's what they are, an opportunity to take a swipe at the white guy (or girl, me), but I don't intend to stay here all day, typing just to prove that I am not in the habit of lying.

Reverend Wright - I read some message boards regarding his comments, and one particular message stuck out in my head, it was written by a Black person. He wrote that you can go to ANY Black church and that is the way they all spoke, there. Huh? Try finding even a single WHITE church that preaches such propaganda. I know I have never been in one that did that.

Wright's remarks: TRUE or NOT, is not the issue, because frankly, I agree with "some" of the things he may have said particularly when it comes to this country or its politicians. I HATE this country's politics, period! But then, I AM NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT! Neither are YOU! So you can be as big a racist as you like! And btw, why the bias against Black men? Can you answer that one?

The Constitution? HAH! Now you really are a comedian. First off, it was written by a group of "gentlemen" -- lovely flowery sentiments written in an era where they spoke in prose and had lace hankerchiefs hanging out of their sleeves. You do know the "road to hell is paved with good intentions," don't you? ... And so evolved this great nation of ours. You couldn't find another place on this planet that contained as many vermin in one spot as does that big white house on the hill. So now you know where I stand with that!

Slavery: slavery is NOT something America created, it exists in all nations. However, if I were to venture a scientific point of view as to its origin, I would have to lay that nasty little gnome at the doorstep of "Africa" since scientists say "man got its origin from Africa." That would mean of all the nations on this planet, slavery had profited in Africa the longest. It was African chieftains (the "rich" in that society) who first sold "their" slaves to the American colonists. Ok, two wrongs don't make a right, I get it. But who bought the slaves? Certainly not the ordinary homesteader as our movies want us to believe ... hell no ... it was the "rich" the very same who made the laws of the land at the time. And it was they who wanted to keep slavery, intact; it was they who sent the commoner to war waving great big pathetic " free the slaves" banners. The ordinary folk of that time hadn't a clue! The only "property" they had was their wife, kids, a wooden shack, a cow and some chickens.

If Blacks need to place blame, then they need to place it where it belongs. The answer to that can be found in any edition of whatever Forbes-like directory there was back then listing who's who in America. But no, it is so much easier to assault or blame who's handy, isn't it? I mean, the "rich" are not as accessible as the commoner.
People don't get it. This country loves to perpetuate the idea that the commoner back then, which you and are considered today, had slaves. You don't see it "correcting" that disinformation, do you? And they won't because it gets the result they want, and that's the Black and Whites being at odds with each other while the house on the hill serves tea.

Regarding parents: my father died when I was 8. My mother was an old world wop who hardly spoke a word. I swear, I don't think she and I exchanged ten words my whole life. I grew up being shaped by whatever social graces (odd word to describe the streets of Brooklyn) I encountered in the streets, not the home. So in that, you were blessed by parents who still had a willingness (or energy) to instruct --- my mother, by the time I was born, was all played out. I had to learn everything on my own, and so I took whatever life experiences I encountered and tried to determine as best I could, with limited or no guidelines to draw from, and decide what I should keep or what I should dismiss. It worked only those two ways for me, never a middle. And that's how I am today. My mother and father back then was "heart" and "instinct."
If you can confess to being a racist to me, then I guess I'll have to confess a shortcoming of my own - regardless of how you view my posts, or my words - I confess to being "overly sensitive." And because of it, I WILL withdraw from exposing myself to further emotional assault.
Gotta go walk my dog. Is there anything I left out? Let me know. Oh, and btw, were you referring to me as the a*****e, or David Duke? Blu

I would never call you or anyone on here an a*****e....I respected what you replied and I agree with some things you said...if I offened you in any way....i'am sorry, that was not my intent....your post makes alot of good points.....david(kkk)duke is an a*****e and I don't feel good about saying that because I was raised that way.....but my parents are in Heaven now and I hope they can't here me...LOL Oh and as for the black man thing...I was never attracted to them so that's why I only date white men.....so I guess that makes me a racist, but who cares!!! Listen have a great weekend, i'am going to go watch the debate now cause I know Obama will kill him on the issues!! So can we for get this?

Chicago, Illinois
#78New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 06:24:50
@scoobiedoolala Said
well, very well then. you deserve a kudos. i do not beleiev spinkie is racist. nor am i. she simply backs obama cuz she can.
i back mccain before obama, because he has more experience, and it is what he can do for our country and holds my values and beliefs more so than obama. paul aint in the running, s***.

Thanks Scoobs...we are on two different sides of who we think would make a better president...but I must tell everyone her...she as NEVER disrespected me cause I don't share her choice for mc cain....and she has been nothing but kind and respectful of my views..so maybe you all could take a look at that, and do the same! PEACE!!! Love ya Scoobs!!!

Deleted

Long Beach, New York
#79New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 13:32:35
Spinkiegirl, I wasn't angry the first time only trying to explain where I was coming from even had I thought you were calling me a a*****e. In Brooklyn, that's almost a term of endearment. LOL! Go out and play in the sun, that is if you can find some, its been rather cloudy day here for the last few days. Blu
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#80New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 22:58:07
@Spinkiegirl Said
Thanks Scoobs...we are on two different sides of who we think would make a better president...but I must tell everyone her...she as NEVER disrespected me cause I don't share her choice for mc cain....and she has been nothing but kind and respectful of my views..so maybe you all could take a look at that, and do the same! PEACE!!! Love ya Scoobs!!!

if only others acted like us, this would be a much better place. too much condescending and wanna be scholars on here. love ya!

@bludor Said
Spinkiegirl, I wasn't angry the first time only trying to explain where I was coming from even had I thought you were calling me a a*****e. In Brooklyn, that's almost a term of endearment. LOL! Go out and play in the sun, that is if you can find some, its been rather cloudy day here for the last few days. Blu

ok, we are a*****es!!!!!!!terms of endearment and all...

Chicago, Illinois
#81New Post! Sep 27, 2008 @ 23:26:04
@scoobiedoolala Said
if only others acted like us, this would be a much better place. too much condescending and wanna be scholars on here. love ya!

ok, we are a*****es!!!!!!!terms of endearment and all...

Scoobs, I love and respect you, and the world would be a better place if everyone would just send me cash!!! LOL

Deleted

Long Beach, New York
#82New Post! Sep 28, 2008 @ 15:13:58
@Spinkiegirl Said
Scoobs, I love and respect you, and the world would be a better place if everyone would just send me cash!!! LOL

I'll 2nd that!!!! I'll even throw in one of my kids! Blu
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs