Another School Shooting In Finland

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#31New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 04:36:22
Mothers being forced to work -- to help make ends meet, on top of the job of being mothers -- is a bad thing.
Tessybear On October 08, 2008

Cramlington, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 07:55:30
It's such a sad thing, whenever this happens. I feel so bad for all the victims and their families, and the family of the assailant of course, they suffer too.

People need to be more willing to step up and do something whenever they spot something wrong, even though it may be a battle to get something done you can't give up, you have to work hard to make changes - if people had fought hard on this one, these people might still be alive today.
duploshoes On March 03, 2009

Deleted

Leicester, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 09:17:29
Well, it didn't shock me and it won't the next time it happens. It's a regular event in this World. I'm slightly shocked at the gap between these events and the fact more aren't killed.
jazzsinger On October 15, 2008

Deleted

Phila. suburbs, Pennsylvania
#34New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 09:35:46
4000 Earthquakes please don't blame it on working mothers. My son was an only child. It was then that I taught school and did counseling. He was taken care of by a friend with three children and my Mom. The situation gave him a sibling type situation where he had to learn to share and deal with other children. Personally I believe that he was better for it. My Mom did the spoiling and I was home at 3:30 everyday to love him and play. He had a happy mom and a great situation. I realize that we were lucky, but he never wanted for attention. I'd prepare food and take it, but kids are often rather picky. He went through a pizza, hot dogs and cheerios period. It didn't seem to hurt him, he's 6'4" tall and 185 pounds, and healthy as a horse. School never called to complain, he was a regular kid (came home drunk once, I thought, yeah, he's normal) and he didn't do it again. He's a productive member of society and graduated with honors. There are good and rotten parents, today's economy forces both parents to work, please don't blame it on working mothers. I believe, if necessary, the parent who earns the most should go into the workplace. Why can't dad stay home? The days of the Cleavers are long gone.
I made all kinds of noise to fend off a bad situation with a student, but it took a tragedy for them to wake up. They were more interested in whether or not I would sue than my mental health. I blame a lot on the media.The mentally ill have always been around, we just medicate them more and set them free.
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#35New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 10:54:30
JazzSinger, I can see I've struck a tender spot with you on this working mothers explanation. I don't blame mothers, working or not. I blame society.

But that's too general of an explanation. So we tried to narrow it down.

The media, I'm sure has a lot to do with it. But you can't turn that off, these days.

The whole deal is sad. From the kids who are so lost they end up doing these things, to the families struggling to survive while mom is spread so thin, she doesn't have time to spend, to the kids that bully other kids, and drive them to feel this angry, it's all sad.

It's not the working mothers fault. It's society as a whole.

What a mess. God help us.

Anyway, it sounds like you did a very good job. God bless you.
jazzsinger On October 15, 2008

Deleted

Phila. suburbs, Pennsylvania
#36New Post! Sep 24, 2008 @ 13:18:49
Thank you, but I'm not sure that you read about my getting shot. This thread had me up all night and it's what's in the last part of my last journal. You have no idea how mnay hoops I jumped through trying to get a severely disturbed student placed. It wasn't until tragegy hit that administration stepped in. They were more concerned about whether I'd sue than my mental well being. I can't rewrite that I get too upset. He was a child of fetal alcohol syndrome. There has always been mental illness, but the handling of it in the past and the handling of things now is so different. Pills seem to be the answer. They give out pills, let schizophrenic patients out and they stop taking their meds. The meds. stay in the system for quite awhile so these patients think that they are well and then they blow a gasket after a month without. The problem is an entire plethera of problems made worse by society's ability to have access to so much more. The pot of the sixties is nothing compared to what's being smoked now. I have more to say, but I have to go,I have a seminar this morning about pain killers and my journey back after being shot. My glasses are not rose colored.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs