The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Elections

Do you the people trust the bail out plan?????

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
democratrebel On October 03, 2008

Raleigh, North Carolina
#1New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 12:51:28
Honestly i don't think writing a blank check for 80 trillion dollars isn't going to work, because we the people are going to pay it back through taxes. I mean the dept has to be paid off some how. I know its probaly more ways it could get resolved but i really think the taxpayers are going to suffer behind it. American people are already suffering enough as it is with the gas prices and gas shortages. the housing market is in shambles. Yesterday i was watching cnn.com at work and they had 2 couples and a sgt of the military who served in Iraq for 3 terms and their houses were being foreclosed and i was like this doesn't make any damn sense. It kinda upset me because here is a Sgt who served in Iraq but his house is getting taking away. I'm thinking were is the Veteran Affairs Dept. when u need them. If i was him i would be pissed because he served his country and then is getting slapped in the face by loosing his house. What kind of government are we under who doesn't take care of their soldiers after war. People something has to be done. Its almost like they just don't give a flip about us no more. Wether the next president be Obama or McCain , george bush has dug a ditch so deep its going to be hard to climb out of. When i see bush do these press conferences it seems as though there's no remorse in his voice. On top of that it may be two more major banking companies shutting down. Its really nothing we can do because congress makes all the decisions in washington. I guess we'll ride it out and see what happens next. whats your opinion about it?????
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#2New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 20:15:47
the bailout plan bails out the banks to help the banks avoid foreclosure. it does nothing for the people. they will still lose their homes. they will remain unemployed. its the type of thing that lets me know that the country has been purchased by those who could afford it. there's nothing left for us, the people. it's sickening...
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#3New Post! Sep 23, 2008 @ 20:20:40
No. It's an insane plan.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs