AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#16New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 13:58:54
@Wingsy Said
Yes, but when you're talking about people who are used to having 50 million dollars, their safety nets aren't that big.

In my job, I deal with very wealthy people all day long. Our phones have been ringing off the hook with calls from people wanting to know what to do.

Some of our clients have already lost huge sumes of money. They're in a panic. Yes, they still have more than others, but when you're accustomed to living life at a very high standard, what is normal to us looks pretty grim.

ok. maybe you can answer. so if there is 75000 in a trust, is it in any danger? it is in a locked trust. it gained 3000 last year. only maybe 20% i being played on the market, via the order by judge when i transferred it. i didnt know this til afterwards about that. but 20% of 75000 is not chump change, and it is for my children. so what is your advice?
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#17New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:03:40
Scooby, let me talk to my boss.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#18New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:05:54
@Wingsy Said
Scooby, let me talk to my boss.

thank you. i appreciate it.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#19New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:13:26
i got it now wingsy. 65,000 is in insured cd's. at 5.4%.
money market account is 9,800.
insured or covered? will they take it out once it starts to lose money? i just called them, and this was the quote. and she needed to research to see if she can pull it out, add 200 and get a 10,000 dollar cd.
thanks for any kind of information. i do not like thme playing with A DIME of thier future.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#20New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:22:06
@scoobiedoolala Said
i got it now wingsy. 65,000 is in insured cd's. at 5.4%.
money market account is 9,800.
insured or covered? will they take it out once it starts to lose money? i just called them, and this was the quote. and she needed to research to see if she can pull it out, add 200 and get a 10,000 dollar cd.
thanks for any kind of information. i do not like thme playing with A DIME of thier future.

The boss says that if it's in a bank account, it should be fine, since FDIC insures accounts up to $100,000. If there's an order by a judge, it may be harder to pull that amount from stocks, but if you have a financial advisor, give them a call and see what they can do.

The boss said that even if you were to lose it and get it back through FDIC, it likely wouldn't be immediate, but you'd still get it back.

I hope that answers your question. We haven't worked with any trusts that require any portion to be invested in stocks. A lot of the trusts that we set up include land and tangible personal property.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#21New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:28:59
@Wingsy Said
The boss says that if it's in a bank account, it should be fine, since FDIC insures accounts up to $100,000. If there's an order by a judge, it may be harder to pull that amount from stocks, but if you have a financial advisor, give them a call and see what they can do.

The boss said that even if you were to lose it and get it back through FDIC, it likely wouldn't be immediate, but you'd still get it back.

I hope that answers your question. We haven't worked with any trusts that require any portion to be invested in stocks. A lot of the trusts that we set up include land and tangible personal property.

they also have a home in their name. to sell when the reach of age with equal distribution. i bought it, paid for. i just pay the taxes, and am now making improvements so it is worth more when they do sell. hell, i may buy it from them!

markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#22New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:29:50
@Wingsy Said

Christ on a bike.. 100K... its ?35k in the UK..

wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#23New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:32:50
@scoobiedoolala Said
they also have a home in their name. to sell when the reach of age with equal distribution. i bought it, paid for. i just pay the taxes, and am now making improvements so it is worth more when they do sell. hell, i may buy it from them!

Fabulous! Property trusts....we like

@markfox01 Said
Christ on a bike.. 100K... its ?35k in the UK..

I can't control FDIC

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#24New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:35:47
@Wingsy Said
Fabulous! Property trusts....we like

that's why i bought it. i like i like

so, it was a good choice? eh?
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#25New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 14:44:37
Estate planners like trusts
And clients appreciate the fact that the estate tax liability is reduced by having trusts.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#26New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 15:19:28
@Wingsy Said
Estate planners like trusts
And clients appreciate the fact that the estate tax liability is reduced by having trusts.

exactly. and they wouldnt be taxing me, they would be taxing an 8 and 6 yr old. so i shielded them.

wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#27New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 15:20:35
@scoobiedoolala Said
exactly. and they wouldnt be taxing me, they would be taxing an 8 and 6 yr old. so i shielded them.

Exactly! It's the beneficiaries who get taxed, that's why a lot of people use trusts as a tax shelter.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#28New Post! Sep 19, 2008 @ 15:22:56
i have learned that.

and, in re to their trust, the 9800 is in US TREASURY OBLIGATION FUND. whatever that is. but, she said it was very safe. and i told her if it loses anything, to take it out. i am overseeing it after all. they do as i say.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs