The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Elections

Sarah Palins 17 year old daughter is.....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#106New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 17:24:00
Yay, The Spears Family is getting the opportunity to move into the white house! Maybe Sarah can write a book on parenting too, so we can all strive to have pregnant teenage daughters.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#107New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 17:27:01
@lili Said
Yay, The Spears Family is getting the opportunity to move into the white house! Maybe Sarah can write a book on parenting too, so we can all strive to have pregnant teenage daughters.

BeTTyBeLL On November 28, 2010
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#108New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 17:34:46
@spinkiegirl Said
And rightfully so...has a parent, you are resonsible for your child until age 18yr. And her un-married child is 17yr. and preagant.

that not so for every state, in Texas you are a legal adult at 17, you can not vote or drink , but are considered legally an adult.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#109New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 17:55:13
@el_tino Said
Good point!!

It's really not a good point. I was taught sex ed. I knew how to avoid getting pregnant, but I was young and stupid and thought I was invincible and got pregnant at 17. You can teach them in school or at home, you can give them all the info in the world and we'll still have teenage pregnancies.

And no, it doesn't matter to me that her daughter got pregnant at a young age. I won't vote for McCain or Obama anyway, but I had I been a fan of the Reps, this situation wouldn't bother me.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#110New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 17:58:18
@angelcake Said
She isn't but your children are a good insight as to who you are as a person and a parent. And that is what is important.

Not always. My mom has 3 kids. BOth of my brothers followed all the rules, did everything right and never caused a problem. I, on the other hand, was the the wild child. Never followed rules, did everything I wasnt' supposed to do. Following your line of thought, which child do you pick to be the reflection of my mother's ability to parent?
mzdaizy On February 07, 2013

Moose Country, Massachusetts
#111New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 18:26:12
@vizzy Said
Not always. My mom has 3 kids. BOth of my brothers followed all the rules, did everything right and never caused a problem. I, on the other hand, was the the wild child. Never followed rules, did everything I wasnt' supposed to do. Following your line of thought, which child do you pick to be the reflection of my mother's ability to parent?

I agree. My (grand)parents couldn't possibly be blamed for all of the crap I did as a teenager. They taught me the best they could, but once I hit about 15, I was my own boss. I started doing the exact opposite of whatever they said.

I became pregnant and had my first son at 17. My parents can't be blamed for that. They raised me right, gave me values to step into adulthood, but I went against them because I was invincible.

Now, at 27, I am more of a reflection of their teachings than I was at 17. It just took me learning the hard way to realize that they were right.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#112New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 21:26:05
@el_tino Said
I'm not bashing her daughter. Teenagers do stuff. What I am doing is questioning the value of Palin's child rearing philosophies, particular those related to abstinence only education and the use of birth control.

I agree, the fact alone of Palin's daughter being pregnant has no bearing as to her being a bad mother etc. However, I would question the influence she would have on sex education in schools if McCain was to win. I think if you are going to teach sex education in school, you should teach "all" parts of it to give the students knowledge as to different options. If her daughter's pregnancy was at the influence of her mothers views obviously I wouldn't want "her" influence on sex-ed.
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#113New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 21:28:08
She's getting another vote now!
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#114New Post! Sep 02, 2008 @ 21:31:48
The whole must know by now its on tv,net ect.Geeze shes not the first teen to get prego and she won't be the last.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs