School shooting!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
thelocaone On September 10, 2009

Pensacola, Florida
#91New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 15:35:35
@scoobiedoolala Said
where did you come up with this kind of poo?

I blame t.v.
bigbob On April 24, 2009

Bath, United Kingdom
#92New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 15:36:35
@40isnotsobad Said
They merely want to be ready to defend themselves and the students if a maniac with a gun comes charging in the school intent on killing people.

Do Americans really live in such a state of fear that small country schools sit around and discuss the chances of random maniacs with a gun?
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#93New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 15:40:00
@jonnythan Said
Exactly. These are places that people are usually armed. Mass shooters instead target the places people are prohibited from carrying weapons, like schools.

The problem is not too many guns - it's not enough guns.

Great Point!! With that accepted maybe they will lift the arbitrary manslaughter charge if a homeowner shoots an intruder breaking into their own home...
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#94New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 15:40:38
@kentoo Said
Great Point!! With that accepted maybe they will lift the arbitrary manslaughter charge if a homeowner shoots an intruder breaking into their own home...

Where is that? Canada?
40isnotsobad On December 07, 2010

Houston, Texas
#95New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 15:54:38
@bigbob Said
Do Americans really live in such a state of fear that small country schools sit around and discuss the chances of random maniacs with a gun?

No, I don't believe that to be true. In this particular case, the school is located near a highway and 30 minutes from police.

No matter how you try to twist it into something else, I still believe it's a good thing.

Can you imagine how it feels to have kids in school and then see these school shooting onthe tv and then to have to tell your kids that if they ever hear gunshots to get on the ground and take cover with anything they can?

I don't live in a bad neighborhood and my kids don't go to school with gangsters either. They go to school with some very privaledged kids...

These same kids that have money and everything they want are also the same kids that have time on their hands and have been handed everything in life and maybe not enough parental supervision.

Who's to say that some 16 year old doesn't just go off the deep end because his girlfriend breaks up with him so he's going to come to school and shoot her and maybe an entire classroom of kids along the way?

I don't live in fear that this WILL happen but things like that DO happen and you would be foolish not to have some kind of plan to protect students.
40isnotsobad On December 07, 2010

Houston, Texas
#96New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 15:55:39
@kentoo Said

In Texas you can't be charged if you shoot an intruder in your home or on your property.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#97New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 16:06:52
@jonnythan Said
Where is that? Canada?

I may be incorrect about the charge it may only be assault with a deadly weapon. In Canada one is charged with an offense if they shoot someone in defense of their own home.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#98New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 16:11:23
@kentoo Said
I may be incorrect about the charge it may only be assault with a deadly weapon. In Canada one is charged with an offense if they shoot someone in defense of their own home.

That sucks. I understand some jurisdictions in the US are like that.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#99New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 16:17:37
@markfox01 Said
And thats why you have one of the highest gun crime problem in the world..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence
The United States has the highest rates among developed countries, which some account to the loose firearm laws in the U.S. compared to other developed countries[8].

Mark I might be missing something but it doesn't appear to me that the US has the highest rate of gun crime, but places in South Africa do.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#100New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 16:21:45
@angelcake Said
Mark I might be missing something but it doesn't appear to me that the US has the highest rate of gun crime, but places in South Africa do.

The highest amoung developed countries.. ie.. france, uk, germany, canada etc. South africa apprently isnt consider as developed??
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#101New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 16:23:03
@markfox01 Said
The highest amoung developed countries.. ie.. france, uk, germany, canada etc. South africa apprently isnt consider as developed??

in my mind south africa is!
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#102New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 16:26:06
South Africa is considered a developing nation.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#103New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 16:27:47
@40isnotsobad Said
In Texas you can't be charged if you shoot an intruder in your home or on your property.

In Florida, you only have to be in fear for you life to shoot.

Thanks for the original post Jon. I hadn't heard anything about the shooting.
rockyhps On September 22, 2008

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#104New Post! Aug 28, 2008 @ 16:38:19
@40isnotsobad Said

In Texas, you have something like a "Stand your ground" law, you don't have to be backed into a corner to use deadly force.

There is the Castle Doctrine that is being adopted by many states, which protects the home owner from prosecution.
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#105New Post! Aug 29, 2008 @ 21:50:55
@jonnythan Said
That sucks. I understand some jurisdictions in the US are like that.

I agree that there should be more armed citizens in the US, simply because the country needs it. If there's a war, you send in troops. If your country is rotted to the core with firearms, you need more responsible people with guns.

Just remember that many other countries still have a long way to go before they become as infected as the United States.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs