Relationships

The Method

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
britneylulu On October 04, 2008

Deleted

Anaheim,
#1New Post! Aug 26, 2008 @ 00:45:27
Our grandfather had a method for meeting girls, which we expect could work for meeting boys.

The method went something like this.

1. Ask permission to be in the boy?s space. For example, in a school cafeteria, ?May I join you for lunch?? Or maybe if a bunch of boys are standing around before school, ?How are you guys today?? If you get any negative reaction, smile, say something polite, and walk away.

2. If they appear to accept you into their space, ask, ?Do you like girls who are shy?? We?re not sure of the purpose of this question, except that it?s a second test of his karma. If you get a positive answer, continue. If you get a negative answer, smile, say something polite, and walk away.

3. If they offer a positive reaction, ask, ?I can tell fortunes, past, present and future. Would you like me to tell your fortune.? If they say no, smile, say something polite, like ?Okay, maybe next time,? and walk away. At this point, if you have managed to get three positive responses, you have discovered that they have at least the courage to talk to you. They may be willing to get to know you, even if you have a defect, like being shy.

4. If they want you to tell their fortune, ask to hold their hands. This is an important step because if they will not let you touch them, they are not good material as a boyfriend, at least not yet, because the whole idea of a boyfriend is holding hands and getting hugs. If they won?t let you hold their hands, smile, say something polite, ?Well, maybe next time,? and walk away.

5. If they are willing to let you hold their hands, ask them to cross their wrists. You cross your wrists and hold their hands. We don?t understand why the crossing of the wrists, and Gramps says that has forgotten why.

6. Everybody gets the same past fortune. Tell them that they were born, and that they had a happy child hood. If you get a positive response continue. If you get a negative response, such as, ?Hell, no. My old man beats me,? continue, but you have learned important information. You don?t want a boyfriend that needs to be repaired.

7. Everybody gets the same present fortune. ?You are having to have a good day.? Or, ?You are meeting an exciting girl, who will change your life.? The second line sounds rather forward to us, but we have never tried this, so we can?t really say. If you get a positive response, continue. If you get a negative response, continue; but again you have gained important information. Nobody needs a boyfriend who wants to groan about the crap in his life.

8. Everybody gets the same future fortune. ?You will marry, and have three children; one of each kind.? At our age, we don?t expect to meet any married boys, but Gramps says that he used this method as an adult. By mentioning marriage, probably the boy or the man will volunteer that information. You definitely don?t want a married boyfriend. By mentioning children, you gain more useful information. If they don?t want children or they say something negative about children, they could be an okay date, or even a temporary boyfriend; but he may not be material for a permanent relationship.

9. The three kinds of children are boys, girls, and wife. You don?t need to explain unless they ask. If they ask, you say that the three kinds are boys, girls, and wife. (Any boys using this will say boys, girls, and husband.) If he accepts it as reasonable, that?s a good sign. It could mean that he will someday be a nurturing husband for some lucky girl. It he make negative remarks, maybe he?s are okay for a date, but not a permanent relationship.

10. If he continues the conversation in a way that includes you in his world, you can stay in his space, otherwise, maybe you should smile, say something polite and leave. Our mothers insist that we should not hang around men who ?do not include us in their world.? We don?t really understand this, but we suspect that if men won?t include you, then they have no world in which to be included. That makes them a very bad choice as a boyfriend. Also, our mothers insist that women should appear to be busy. ?I need to study.? ?My mother needs my help.? ?I have an appointment.? ?Wow, that sounds like fun. Let me see if I can change my schedule.? Gramps says that the only difference in this procedure for boys is that boys should expect the girls to want to be included in the boy?s space. We don't understand the reason for the difference, but that's what they said.
Anyone wanting want to use this method should practice it, maybe with a girlfriend first. Gramps says that he would use it whenever he met women that he didn't know. For example, if he saw a woman at a restaurant or a bus stop, he would start with question #1, "Do you mind if I sit here?" He says the answer was, "No, I don't mind. Have a seat," as often as it was "You creep, get out of my space."

And he says that he sometimes used it with women he already knew, or with woman with whom he had already met by using the method. Some people are unable to deal with two times through the method. Instead of thinking, "Wow, you are going to all this trouble to get to know me," they think, "You creep, how dare you fool me twice." He says that either way, the result is good. If they can see the positive side, then maybe they can accept you as a friend. If they get angry over something so trivial, then probably they are too damaged to be your friend.

We definitely would not be as bold as Gramps says he was with total strangers, but we don't see any reason not to try the method at school or a party or church, someplace safe.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#2New Post! Aug 26, 2008 @ 01:05:54
I think if I followed some of those steps or seen someone trying to follow them, laughter might ensue.
Asme251 On December 21, 2017
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#3New Post! Aug 26, 2008 @ 01:12:53
That really seems about correct...with guys, that is. It is a totaly different situation with girls, atlaest in my school.

Deleted

Anaheim,
#4New Post! Aug 26, 2008 @ 02:10:48
Hey Brooke,

Thanks for the positive karma about Ponies.

About laughter, it's a good response. Laughing at humor is really good. The person may be a fun date. Laughter of ridicule is even better because you know not to waste your time trying to form a relationship. Why waste time with people who like to ridicule people? On the other hand, Gramps says boys are not growed up so we might need to give them a second chance.

We're reading about the Northwest Territory.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#5New Post! Aug 26, 2008 @ 02:26:43
@britneylulu Said
Hey Brooke,

Thanks for the positive karma about Ponies.

About laughter, it's a good response. Laughing at humor is really good. The person may be a fun date. Laughter of ridicule is even better because you know not to waste your time trying to form a relationship. Why waste time with people who like to ridicule people? On the other hand, Gramps says boys are not growed up so we might need to give them a second chance.

We're reading about the Northwest Territory.

U.S. History? Colonial times? Or is it the one with Mexico? I had to take a three essay test on that today (bleh!).

Deleted

Anaheim,
#6New Post! Aug 26, 2008 @ 02:46:33
This Northwest is between the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers. You recommended that we should read about Harrison.

Northwest Mexico? Sonora maybe? We have a totally cool book about how Atchison built a railroad from Nogales to Guaymas.
Area Man

Boston, Massachusetts
#7New Post! Aug 26, 2008 @ 02:51:51
Harrison and the tribes! Yes, I remember that now. I thought you guys were talking about the Mexican Cession, but that is California. I have not read much about rail roads but I will get to that soon (I hope). Does than incorporate any political powers that played to raise economic advantage?

Deleted

Anaheim,
#8New Post! Aug 26, 2008 @ 05:04:03
We have read that Harrison represented the Indiana Territory in congress. As near as we can tell, the Indiana Territory in 1800 is almost the same as the Northwest Territory in 1783. Harrison was a nonvoting member of Congress, but he crafted a bill to allow settlers to buy land on credit. We don't know how Harrison might have benefited from the legislation. If he did benefit, maybe it could be an example of how politicians use political power for their benefit economic benefit.

The Santa Fe Railroad was a land grant railroad in the United States, which means that the railroad received land along its right of way as an inducement to build. The land grant railroad bill is a famous example of how politicians use their vote in Congress to provide money for themselves. In this case Oaks Amers used his vote to provide money to build the Union Pacific Railroad, but much of the money found its way into Credit Mobilier, a company in which Ames owns shares.

We?re not aware of any inappropriate activity associated with the building of this Santa Fe Railroad in the United States, and we don?t know what kind of financial help the railroad may have received from the Mexican Government. If we remember the story correctly, Santa Fe decided to build in Sonora because they wanted to reach the Pacific Ocean at Guaymas before the Southern Pacific reached the Pacific Ocean at Los Angeles or maybe San Diego.

The Santa Fe Railroad in Mexico eventually became part of the Southern Pacific Railroad, and today it is part of whatever railroad operates the railroads in Mexico.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs