The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Obama doesn't have time for McCain . . .

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#31New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 01:01:13
@raditz8526 Said
Too bad he didn't refer to his grandma as a typical gook. That would have been forgivable. lol

I forgave both of them for what they have said and did....what more should I do? I don't even know what a 'gook' is, but I know it's not a nice thing to call someone.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#32New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 01:04:51
@spinkiegirl Said
I forgave both of them for what they have said and did....what more should I do? I don't even know what a 'gook' is, but I know it's not a nice thing to call someone.

Why would you forgive them?

BTW

Gook
(U.S. military slang) a derogatory term for foreigners, especially south-east Asians.[70] The etymology of this racial slur is shrouded in mystery, disagreement, and controversy.[71] The Oxford English Dictionary admits that its origin in "unknown".[72]

* According to Random House Unabridged Dictionary, "a native of Southeast Asia or the South Pacific, esp. when a member of an enemy military force. any dark-skinned foreigner, esp. one from the Middle East." [73]
* According to Princeton University Dictionary, it described as "a disparaging term for an Asian person (especially for North Vietnamese soldiers in the Vietnam War)." [73]
* According to Online Etymology Dictionary, "1899, U.S. military slang for 'Filipino' during the insurrection there, probably from a native word, or imitative of the babbling sound of their language to American ears (cf. barbarian). The term goo-goo eyes 'soft, seductive eyes' was in vogue c.1900 and may have contributed to this somehow. Extended over time to 'Nicaraguan,' 'any Pacific Islander' (World War II), 'Korean' (1950s), 'Vietnamese' and 'any Asian' (1960s)." [73]
* According to The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, "Used as a disparaging term for a person of East Asian birth or descent. Perhaps alteration of earlier goo-goo, native inhabitant of the Philippines, Pacific islande
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#33New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 01:07:00
considering McCain and many american solders were tortured, we might be able to forgive him calling his capture 'gooks'.

maybe...

and as to the MLK day...McCain is a senator from Arizona. They have some of their own civil rights heros...they just happen to be hispanic...point being there is more to the story...
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#34New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 01:23:14
@spinkiegirl Said
try telling that to his ex-wife who he cheated on with the woman he's married to now....where was his loyalty to his 1st. wife? And as far as him being a pow, I feel very bad for that,I respect each and everyone of our soliders past and present...but when you go to fight a war for this country, that's your choice and you may end up as a pow..if he can't be true to the woman he married...I have no doubt he won't be true on his word or anything else...besides he was quoted calling his captives 'gooks'.that's racist imo. and he passed on signing a document 20 yrs. ago that would have made Dr.Martin Luther King Jr. birthday a national holiday....

What part of the above quote is not passing judgement?? those are your words not mine...

@spinkiegirl Said
....but I do not feel comfortable passing judgement on anyone for anything....because i'am NO angel!!!

@spinkiegirl Said
"Yeah Right..." What are you getting at? I'am sorry, i'am not understanding...

Chicago, Illinois
#35New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 01:42:41
@bobbimay Said
What part of the above quote is not passing judgement?? those are your words not mine...

For one thing...it's MY understanding that calling someone a bad name with the intent to offend is passing judgement...or saying something like " i don't like doctors, they are snubs" I don't think it's called for...and I have a link here...that states when asked why McCain didn't sign to pass the Dr.Martin Luther King Jr. birthday thing...he never gave an snswer....I could be wrong..God knows i'am not the sweetest cookie in the jar...but i'll go find the link.....and he also told the press in an interview about removing the confederate flag from the state house....that he was to coward to do so....

Chicago, Illinois
#36New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 01:44:50
@chaski Said
considering McCain and many american solders were tortured, we might be able to forgive him calling his capture 'gooks'.

maybe...

and as to the MLK day...McCain is a senator from Arizona. They have some of their own civil rights heros...they just happen to be hispanic...point being there is more to the story...

But I did just say a few posts up...I forgave him...why wouldn't I forgive him....IMO, EVERYONE deserves forgiveness...that includes...EVERYONE!!!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#37New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 01:45:46
I don't like McCain because he called his wife a c*** in front of a bunch of reporters. I don't want a jerk for president.

Chicago, Illinois
#38New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 01:50:41
@lili Said
I don't like McCain because he called his wife a c*** in front of a bunch of reporters. I don't want a jerk for president.

Right...however..I dislike him for other reasons...reasons which are valid to me....and i'am against cheating...but I didn't judge him for that, but I have a right, not to like him because of that...don't I? That's all I was trying to tell the other poster...I don't put anyone down because of who they vote for, and I would like the same.....

Chicago, Illinois
#39New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 02:00:08
@raditz8526 Said
Why would you forgive them?

BTW

Gook
(U.S. military slang) a derogatory term for foreigners, especially south-east Asians.[70] The etymology of this racial slur is shrouded in mystery, disagreement, and controversy.[71] The Oxford English Dictionary admits that its origin in "unknown".[72]

* According to Random House Unabridged Dictionary, "a native of Southeast Asia or the South Pacific, esp. when a member of an enemy military force. any dark-skinned foreigner, esp. one from the Middle East." [73]
* According to Princeton University Dictionary, it described as "a disparaging term for an Asian person (especially for North Vietnamese soldiers in the Vietnam War)." [73]
* According to Online Etymology Dictionary, "1899, U.S. military slang for 'Filipino' during the insurrection there, probably from a native word, or imitative of the babbling sound of their language to American ears (cf. barbarian). The term goo-goo eyes 'soft, seductive eyes' was in vogue c.1900 and may have contributed to this somehow. Extended over time to 'Nicaraguan,' 'any Pacific Islander' (World War II), 'Korean' (1950s), 'Vietnamese' and 'any Asian' (1960s)." [73]
* According to The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, "Used as a disparaging term for a person of East Asian birth or descent. Perhaps alteration of earlier goo-goo, native inhabitant of the Philippines, Pacific islande

Why would I forgive anyone? Because that is what I was told good people do....because my faith as a Christian says I should...because it is the right thing to do....I want to be forgiven for my wrong doing....thus I must forgive others....it's simply what I believe...I don't think it's good for my soul if I don't forgive...
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#40New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 02:00:19
I mean, the reasons I don't want him to be president is because I disagree with his policies, such as pursuing Nuclear energy and offshore drilling, and how his voting record is 95% in alignment with George Bush's. But I don't like him because he's a jerk. Bill Clinton was a jerk too, but he did a good job, so I didn't care. I don't think McCain can do a good job.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#41New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 02:02:05
@spinkiegirl Said
Why would I forgive anyone? Because that is what I was told good people do....because my faith as a Christian says I should...because it is the right thing to do....I want to be forgiven for my wrong doing....thus I must forgive others....it's simply what I believe...I don't think it's good for my soul if I don't forgive...

He didn't do anything to you that would require you to forgive him.

Chicago, Illinois
#42New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 02:22:58
@raditz8526 Said
He didn't do anything to you that would require you to forgive him.

Well, no he didn't do anything to me as a person or to me directly...but that's not what forgiveness is based on, at least not for me....the things he has done and not done indirectly...have hurt my feelings and that called for me to forgive him...don't know if you can understand what I mean.....
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#43New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 02:29:53

It's funny how they slam fox when it's run and owned by a democrat. Interesting. It also cracks me up that my sister's friend who is a strict democrat, prefers fox because they can get their s*** straight better than other news networks.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs