Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
rockyhps On September 22, 2008

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#46New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 19:32:42
@semi_precious_stone Said
I have just remembered your strange idea's of a Victoria Sponge!

You are a fine one to talk

And I agree, Victoria Sponge did sound better...
IcyMist On February 17, 2010

Tampa, Florida
#47New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 20:41:43
I'm so confused, I think I will go and soak my head in butter.
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#48New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 23:31:31
This is one of our favorite comfort foods on a lazy day... or when we are enjoying a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day
I will give you a basic recipe and then a couple of ways to add a little zing to them.
The basic recipe:
2 slices Cheddar, American, or Swiss cheese ( you can use just about any cheese but these melt the best and seem to be the preferred cheeses)
2 slices white bread (or your favorite)
2 tablespoons butter

Preparation:
Put the cheese between the slices of bread. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet or grill and when melted add the sandwich. Gently press down with a spatula once or twice during the grilling. When one side is golden, add the remaining tablespoon of butter, turn the sandwich over, and brown. (some people like to spread the butter on the bread first, but the method above is a lot less messier)

Then if you want to get creative, you can dress them up a bit
Grilled Cheese with Bacon. Fry 3 slices bacon until cooked but not crisp. Pat dry of excess fat, add on top of the cheese, and grill as directed.
Grilled Cheese with Ham. Put 2 thin slices ham on the cheese and grill as directed.
Onion-Cheese Sandwich. Follow the recipe for Grilled Cheese Sandwich, but lightly coat 1 slice of bread with Dijon mustard. Saut? 3 to 4 slices onion in butter and put on top of the cheese. Cover and grill.
Tomato-Cheese Sandwich. Follow the recipe for Grilled Cheese Sandwich, but add two thin slices tomato to the sandwich before grilling. You can add bacon to this one also. Oh what a treat.
We have a friend from Hawaii that likes to add fried spam to his grilled cheese and actually it is very tasty
Well now that I gave you these recipes, I have worked up quite the hunger. Think I will go make me a grilled cheese sandwich or two... View Image

WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#49New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 23:54:56
I serve grilled cheese at my place mainly because kids love it but I also sell alot of them to little old ladies because it's light and it's cheap. What gripes my a** is when people want mayo lett and tomato on a grilled cheese and it happens alot. f***ing Rednecks.
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#50New Post! Aug 16, 2008 @ 00:28:13
@wildchild Said
I serve grilled cheese at my place mainly because kids love it but I also sell alot of them to little old ladies because it's light and it's cheap. What gripes my a** is when people want mayo lett and tomato on a grilled cheese and it happens alot. f***ing Rednecks.

ewwww never heard of that one.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs