Biggest Gripe Concerning Illegal Immigrants

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#61New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 19:57:34
@vizzy Said
Meaning...no increased crime, no hospitals closing, etc.

the difference being Florida does not have 400000+ a year coming across your border..
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#62New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 19:58:04
PHew, for a second there I almost lost myself. Thanks for pulling me back miss scoobie
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#63New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 20:41:36
WARNING: This is an exagerated senario in order to prove my point.

Think of a magical country that we share a border with. In that country every drives a ferrari and lives in a 10 room 3 story house. Where people get paid $500 dollars an hour for doing the same thing under better conditions that your doing now. Where no mater who you are or what you have done the worlds most advanced medical help is avalible to you no matter what. Where your boss doesn't beat you or your family with a stick when you show up to work late.

Would this magical country seem like a great place to move to?

What if that magical country didn't want you to move to it because instead of giving everyone a ferrari, they would only get lexuss'.

When your getting paid 20 dollars an hour in your own country, wouldn't 500$ an hour seem like a risk worth taking when the only punishment you might recieve is a harsh ride back to your own country?

Even if you got thrown in jail they would feed you caviar and 5 meals a day.

This magical place is how alot of mexican nationals view america.

You really need to look at the reasons why they are leaving thier own country before you can really try and prevent them from comming to our own.

I having spent a good deal of time in parts of mexico and balize. I can with all honesty tell you those countries are screwed up in ways that can't be discribed in my lifetime.

I have also hired undocumented workers from my local HomeDepot and I can tell you if you tried to give them 20 dollars for 10 hours of work, you would get your a** kicked and most of your tools stolen. Fairness does mean something to them.

Havning talked with them also, most of them don't want to live in our country, they live on borderline nothing and send most of the money back to their country. Eventualy after about 3 or 4 years of hard work, they simply move back and retire early.
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#64New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 21:09:00
@doubtingthomas Said
WARNING: This is an exagerated senario in order to prove my point.

Think of a magical country that we share a border with. In that country every drives a ferrari and lives in a 10 room 3 story house. Where people get paid $500 dollars an hour for doing the same thing under better conditions that your doing now. Where no mater who you are or what you have done the worlds most advanced medical help is avalible to you no matter what. Where your boss doesn't beat you or your family with a stick when you show up to work late.

Would this magical country seem like a great place to move to?

What if that magical country didn't want you to move to it because instead of giving everyone a ferrari, they would only get lexuss'.

When your getting paid 20 dollars an hour in your own country, wouldn't 500$ an hour seem like a risk worth taking when the only punishment you might recieve is a harsh ride back to your own country?

Even if you got thrown in jail they would feed you caviar and 5 meals a day.

This magical place is how alot of mexican nationals view america.

You really need to look at the reasons why they are leaving thier own country before you can really try and prevent them from comming to our own.

I having spent a good deal of time in parts of mexico and balize. I can with all honesty tell you those countries are screwed up in ways that can't be discribed in my lifetime.

I have also hired undocumented workers from my local HomeDepot and I can tell you if you tried to give them 20 dollars for 10 hours of work, you would get your a** kicked and most of your tools stolen. Fairness does mean something to them.

Havning talked with them also, most of them don't want to live in our country, they live on borderline nothing and send most of the money back to their country. Eventualy after about 3 or 4 years of hard work, they simply move back and retire early.

A lot of Phillipinos join the military to send money back home too. I agree, I know many illegals that say the same thing. I posted my opinion earlier, but it is fairly close to yours. kudos!
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#65New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 21:39:59
kudos to doubtingthomas as well!
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#66New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 22:23:49
i have a gripe about immigrants as a whole to be honest. in england we have no cap on how many come here which means as we're one of the richest countries in the world we get flooded by people needing money, jobs, houses and have little mouths to feed. would you decline the chance of being better off? i dont blame the immigrants themselves, although i hate the ones that are as rude as can be why so many all at once all the same time from all over the place (in some european countries asian immigrants are as welcome as a fart in a space suit, over here they're all mixed up, not good!) also we may get workers, cultural food, drink and by christ some of them are the most beautiful women ive seen in years. however that many will and have taken strain on jobs, housing, benefits, ameneties. everything britain seems to be short of at the moment (coincidence?) we also get the worst of it all. they treat this country how things would happen in theirs which may not be as civilised as their own (some parts of peterborough resemble georgia at the moment) rapists will come over, murderers, criminals et al. what im saying is get ya balance right. everyone has the right to be happy, not however at someone elses expense. hope ive made myself clear without offence or mistake
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#67New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 22:46:49
Thanx for the kudos.

My only gripe with imigration is, people forget they are all dicendant from imigrants and the only people who have the right to complain about people moving onto thier lands/country are american indians.

If I had my way I would swap citizens with other countries.We could take all the people in this country who don't vote or have any intrest in bringing possitive growth to this country and swap them out for hard working mexican/philipino/cuban/whatever---- from people who really want to be here.
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#68New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 22:50:50
if the u.s. is so advanced , why cant they take care of illegals? i mean, s*** or get off the pot! give legal status or remove them! hell, give them all legal status that are here now (foxytrots good idea), and then close up the borders or leave them open for them to be legal!
i dont gripe about being a decendant, i am a legal us citizen.
i pay wayyyyyyy too many taxes for this bulls***! seems like the government likes this.....
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#69New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 22:55:50
@doubtingthomas Said
Thanx for the kudos.

My only gripe with imigration is, people forget they are all dicendant from imigrants and the only people who have the right to complain about people moving onto thier lands/country are american indians.

If I had my way I would swap citizens with other countries.We could take all the people in this country who don't vote or have any intrest in bringing possitive growth to this country and swap them out for hard working mexican/philipino/cuban/whatever---- from people who really want to be here.

I'm totally up for swapping the potatoe couch-finger-licking-slob for the forgien hard worker with a political idea Good idea!

@scoobiedoolala Said
if the u.s. is so advanced , why cant they take care of illegals? i mean, s*** or get off the pot! give legal status or remove them! hell, give them all legal status that are here now (foxytrots good idea), and then close up the borders or leave them open for them to be legal!
i pay wayyyyyyy too many taxes for this bulls***! seems like the government likes this.....

Most of my family were immigrants so I can't complain. I know there were illegals in my earlier family, but they gave me what I have now
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#70New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 23:02:15
@scoobiedoolala Said

Some people my be suprized by this, but most illegals don't get here by jumping a fence along the border or "swimming here". Most are here on expired work visas or exprired student visas.

So to not give out work visas or student visas would impact our economy in a negative way to the point of nothing functioning at all.

The alternative to make them all legal residents would change the legal demograpic of some comunities so to the point where our local goverment wouldn't fuction properly. It would be chaos. Not only that, but mexico doesn't want its skilled or unskilled work force just up and moving to america. You would really anger all of the countries that are activly trying to retain its people to bring thier own economic status up in the world.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#71New Post! Aug 14, 2008 @ 23:57:22
@jonnythan Said
You think they make $5 an hour??

You can drive to the street corner and pick up 5 Mexicans who speak no English, then have them spend 10 hours painting your house and building you a shed, and they will be happy with a $20 bill at the end of the day.

Which street corner? lol
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs