The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

United Nations: Incapable of preserving human rights?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#16New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 15:08:41
@britneylulu Said
If you want to use body count as a basis for political policy, then you should include deaths from marlaria. Noam Chomsky? Respected? He can't even get on CNN.

What is surprising about the fact that Noam Chomsky does not get attention from mainstream media when he is exposing the evil that they allow to continue unabated in our world? How many books has Chomsky written exposing the media as propagandists?

When he comes to Australia, he is always a guest at the National Press Club in Canberra. Now, they don't let any old cockhead get up and have a yap, it is a reasonably prestigious, though admittedly, socially acceptable forum. The fact that Chomsky can't get a hearing on mainstream media only reinforces my point that the media is a propaganda tool.

Did you know that several years ago in Guatamala there were several "breeding farms" where people were kept prisoner, and their organs were cut out when sufficiently wealthy people were able to pay for an organ? Eyes, heart, lung, whatever, they would cut it out of living people and give it to the people wealthy enough to pay. There was, according to the court records, sufficient evidence of US complicity in the running of these farms.

Noam Chomsky found information on this - court records and the like from Guatamala, and reported it in one of his books (can't remember which one). Did western media not know of this? Of course not! Why then, did they keep silent about it? I will not tell you the answer, as it is pretty obvious.
britneylulu On October 04, 2008

Deleted

Anaheim,
#17New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 15:51:08
We have at least one book that we found in Grandmam?'s book stack that mentions Noam Chomsky as an expert about linguistics, but because he writes books, he appears on CSpan. Probably that is first place we heard the name. You must excuse us for having a negative view of Chomsky. For years we thought, like Alexander Cockburn, he was a comedian because when any of the adults in our house read anything he wrote or heard anything he said, they laughed. Of course, now we know that laughter didn't come from levity.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#18New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 16:05:42
Chomsky is a bit of a genius actually - he is not only an expert in English linguistics (and, as an English teacher, I take my hat off to him for making sense of this arsef***er of a language we are forced to use), but he is also a writer and expert in French Linguistics... The guy is a freak (and I mean that in a nice way...)

Don't know Alexander Cockburn, I have certainly heard of him though (well, read of him). Was he the guy that exposed the USAs lies about Nicaragua funnelling weapons to Guatamalan?? guerrillas...
britneylulu On October 04, 2008

Deleted

Anaheim,
#19New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 19:42:54
We don't know must about Cockburn, except that like Chomsky, he's too smart to be so stupid. Gramps liked to read him in the Los Angeles Times and the Wall Street Journal. More exactly, he liked reading the letters to the editor in response to Cockburn's columns. In one column that we think we remember, Cockburn accused the Sierra Club and maybe John Muir of racism because they opposed immigration. Some people who have been associated with the Sierra Club have been vocal opponents of immigration, but we have never researched the idea. Maybe if we ever have a tree hugger for a history teacher, we?ll write a term paper about it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs