Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#16New Post! Aug 07, 2008 @ 14:44:41
@krazybones Said
I can't imagine a woman carrying a child for nine months inside her body, then killing it.
It's against nature.

Really? You can't imagine it...

It's so hard to be a single parent. It's hard being a parent. Many many women become depressed after childbirth. And the thoughts that run through your mind when your newborn is screaming it's lungs out for apparently no reason at all...

Lack of sleep, no life aside from parenting, loads of stress, financial increase... Many things cause women to get those horrid thoughts in their head.
Thankfully not many act on it.
I've thought about putting my kids through a wall many times. I just know when it gets to that point it's time to walk away.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

nottingham, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Aug 07, 2008 @ 14:52:23
I thought when my son was born it was going to be the happiest day of my life and to some extent it was, that feeling of euphoria didnt last long. I had to spend two days in hospital, in that time I got no sleep at all as he would only sleep on me asnd I was too terrified to drop off in case I smothered him. For the next four months all my son did was scream. He was either asleep or screaming, and I dont mean crying, i mean screaming, blood curdling sounds that never ended. I wanted to play with my new baby, enjoy his first smiles..but there was none of that. I was a walking zombie, i lost so much weight that my hair started falling out by the handfull and I was constantly exhausted. He would not let me put him down anywhere. I had to resort to putting him in a sling and carrying him every waking hour. I was a single parent from day one. Fanily would visit but ultimatly I was left alone. There were a few times when I would just put him down somewhere safe and just go outside for a few minutes just to get my head straight. I started to fear I would hurt him. I know how awfull that must sound. I even thought about giving up the child I had waited so long for. I couldn't see past the screaming..I just wanted it to end. As he grew older things improved and now he is full of energy and a happy little boy, I love him so much my heart aches just to look at him, but I didn't always feel that way.
generacion_x On December 22, 2008

Queretaro, Mex.,
#18New Post! Aug 07, 2008 @ 15:32:51
@foxytrot Said
It is called Post Natal Depression (PND) aka Baby Blues. Women never
know if they will get it or how long it can last, but what it does is makes the mother
aggressive toward her newborn and want to kill it.

Doctors hardly tell women about it either, during pregnancy or after birth. It is something
all women should know though.

It is best to not leave any woman alone with her infant for a matter of time, because PND
is unpredictible and it is bad for the mother and the baby.

Aggression can be natural after birth, but there are a handful of women who cannot
control themselves.

AND CONGRATS!

MO MATTER WHAT PND OR NOT... KILLING BABY IS THE MOST CRUEL THING TO DO....
EVERY ONE ARE RESPONSIBLE OF THEIR OWUN ACTS... I REALLY HATE WHEN SOMEONE TRY
TO JUSTIFY ACTS LIKE THAT SAYING... I DONT WANT TO DO IT..> I JUST WAS DEPRESED...
BULLs***...
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Aug 07, 2008 @ 15:33:25
@generacion_x Said
MO MATTER WHAT PND OR NOT... KILLING BABY IS THE MOST CRUEL THING TO DO....
EVERY ONE ARE RESPONSIBLE OF THEIR OWUN ACTS... I REALLY HATE WHEN SOMEONE TRY
TO JUSTIFY ACTS LIKE THAT SAYING... I DONT WANT TO DO IT..> I JUST WAS DEPRESED...
BULLs***...

please stop writing in capitals
generacion_x On December 22, 2008

Queretaro, Mex.,
#20New Post! Aug 07, 2008 @ 15:39:51
@treebee Said
please stop writing in capitals

Sorry, is an habit... It won?t happen again... (already post like 6 time in Caps)
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Aug 07, 2008 @ 15:42:27
anyways

Like i said earlier in the thread there is an extreme form of post natal depression. Its more or less a psychosis. Now i cant say this is why the woman in the story from the original poster killed her baby. But there are special mother and baby psychiatry units where the mother is committed because of the severe psychosis. Its a possibility. Its not an excuse, its a sickness that happens to some women.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs