The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Food & Drink

Survey - what guys drink beer (heavy stuff) and what guys drink lager?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#1New Post! Aug 02, 2008 @ 21:21:13
I was at the supermarket the other day, and I noticed in the beer isle (One of the most important parts of the weekly shop of course), that as well as your usual lager style beers - there are lots of these bottled ales - the thick heavy stuff, made by microbreweries, with names like "Brewers droop", "Black Sheep Thudpunker", "Bishops Donger" - well, similar anyway.

Just for a laugh - what is the image of guys who drink this stuff, and those who drink the normal lighter beers?

I have this image of heavy "real ale" drinkers as bearded fat guys, wearing brown cord pants, cardigans, smoke a pipe, and whose hobbies otherwise might include train spotting.

Lager (If American - I mean stuff like Bud - normal light beers) - this is what the guys drink after playing sports, or round the barbeque. You can bet Brad Pitt drinks lager

Yes - daft image - but hey.

What anyone think? They aren't exactly sexy these beers
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#2New Post! Aug 02, 2008 @ 21:23:17
i don't really drink beer, i stick to spirits.
vodka mostly.
i think any assesment of personality based on what you drink is silly though whatever tastes good to you go for it.
adonis On October 21, 2010

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 02, 2008 @ 21:26:03
Lager and light beers, if i want a meal i'll go to the take away, not drink those sludge buckets.

If its got head then its not for a male mouth imo.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#4New Post! Aug 02, 2008 @ 21:38:55
@alexkidd Said
i think any assesment of personality based on what you drink is silly though whatever tastes good to you go for it.

Hehe, it's just for a laugh though - the image and what people think of.
Danger_Mouse On June 29, 2017

Christchurch, New Zealand
#5New Post! Aug 02, 2008 @ 21:57:51
I am a lager drinker although I will drink real Ale once in a while.

Latest discovery is Amaretto and Coke
adonis On October 21, 2010

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 02, 2008 @ 21:58:45
One word..........

".................SAMBUCA................"

Oh yes
waggawaggatentperson On May 10, 2012

Melbourne, Australia
#7New Post! Aug 02, 2008 @ 22:06:21
By real beers you mean that warm stuff they serve in England? Disgusting, for a hard earned thirst, you need a big cold beer.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

nottingham, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Aug 02, 2008 @ 23:02:18
@sheepy Said
I have this image of heavy "real ale" drinkers as bearded fat guys, wearing brown cord pants, cardigans, smoke a pipe, and whose hobbies otherwise might include train spotting.

Not far off the description for the members of CAMRA lol. Actualy a lot of younger guys drink real ale or 'bitter' as it's more commonly called. Shouldn't be warm though, if you are going into a pub in the uk it should be at the same temp as the lager. It comes from the same cellar.
sailorbob On February 13, 2009

Manningtree, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 03, 2008 @ 14:08:52
In a good English pub real ale is a must eg. Green king IPA, or Adnams Broadside. served not too cold. To drink at home I prefer a strong belgian beer like Duval 8.5 ABV.but I imagine that would be too strong for Americans.
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#10New Post! Aug 03, 2008 @ 17:16:27
@sheepy Said
I was at the supermarket the other day, and I noticed in the beer isle (One of the most important parts of the weekly shop of course), that as well as your usual lager style beers - there are lots of these bottled ales - the thick heavy stuff, made by microbreweries, with names like "Brewers droop", "Black Sheep Thudpunker", "Bishops Donger" - well, similar anyway.

Just for a laugh - what is the image of guys who drink this stuff, and those who drink the normal lighter beers?

Lager (If American - I mean stuff like Bud - normal light beers) - this is what the guys drink after playing sports, or round the barbeque. You can bet Brad Pitt drinks lager

Yes - daft image - but hey.

What anyone think? They aren't exactly sexy these beers

Hee... Hee... Hee... Love the "Brad Pitt drinks lager"
100dollarplate On January 14, 2009

Deleted

near Denver, Colorado
#11New Post! Aug 03, 2008 @ 17:24:16
I drink Bud, and Molson from Canada mostly, but I do drink an IPA but only one bottle. It fills me up too fast, but I do love the taste of a good Ale.
dickbell On December 17, 2008

Deleted

West Hayward, California
#12New Post! Aug 03, 2008 @ 17:26:34
Ale drinkers(I'm one and pround of it) have a more refined taste. They can't be pleased with pisswater lagers. Lager drinkers just want to drink beer, I want to drink something enjoyable. I had some Shock Top ale yesterday. It's supposed to be a belgian white, but it was made by annheiser-busch. They really want to stick to what they know if you ask me, 'cause it was horrible! People who drink ales tend to like pairing their drinks. I've had a few ales that go great with a good cigar. One pairing I love is a smoked porter with pb&j on sourdough.
xoxosarahxoxo On June 16, 2009

wakefield, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Aug 03, 2008 @ 17:53:03
when i think of heavy ale drinkers just think of most of the locals n ossett who use the george. tall, beer bellied, red nose, dogs, brown hair, older, wear brown a lot.

lighter ale drinkers are in my mind, tall skinny people who talk in weird voices off coors light adverts, and for the recoord these go for women as well
xoxosarahxoxo On June 16, 2009

wakefield, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Aug 03, 2008 @ 17:53:45
i got no point for that but one for saying something 3 words long, how is that?/
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs