Canada

Canadian Seal Hunt. Your Views

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#16New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 01:24:56
Have you ever seen a seal hunt? I am against hunting in general but if it's a quick death to the animal, that is not as bad. I have watched many videos of the seal hunt and these poor seals do not have a good death. It is inhumaine the way they are beaten in the head over and over until they can't breath.

We can do without the seal hunt.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#17New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 01:27:42
Yes I've seen videos, and not just the PETA-type shock videos. They're not "beat over the head until they can't breathe" except maybe by someone grossly incompetent or simply cruel.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#18New Post! Nov 17, 2009 @ 01:29:30
I am not into PETA as I find almost everything they do silly and over the top. They lose their message by their actions. They seen to have lost their way at what their point was.
Aden On November 28, 2014

, Canada
#19New Post! Nov 23, 2009 @ 07:19:23
@aceuvclubs Said

dislike it, no need for it...yeah they'll argue it's to keep their religious traditions, but you don't see Christians sacrificing animals at alters do you

No, they prefer people.
Snoopsie On April 12, 2011

, Canada
#20New Post! Jan 02, 2010 @ 04:07:48
At DorkySupergirl, from her post, "Times have changed and that part of our culture should not exist"

Tell that to an Inuit person. I'm sorry, but your comment is culturally ignorant.

I realize you are compassionate about animals (please tell me you are vegan and don't wear any leather....), but eating seals is normal and healthy for northern peoples. And wearing furs in the north is also a necessity (although a variety of artificial insulating clothing products are now available to most people with the money to buy them). Seal fur is in important component in northern dress for cultural and practical reasons. You do not have the right to proclaim the end to a cultural practice because it offends your tender sensibilities.
incognito On February 26, 2010
Giddy In The Pants

Deleted

, Canada
#21New Post! Jan 02, 2010 @ 04:14:58
I don't like it.
It makes me sick.
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#22New Post! Jan 02, 2010 @ 04:43:26
I think it is uncalled for and sick!
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#23New Post! Jan 02, 2010 @ 04:44:34
@Snoopsie Said

At DorkySupergirl, from her post, "Times have changed and that part of our culture should not exist"

Tell that to an Inuit person. I'm sorry, but your comment is culturally ignorant.

I realize you are compassionate about animals (please tell me you are vegan and don't wear any leather....), but eating seals is normal and healthy for northern peoples. And wearing furs in the north is also a necessity (although a variety of artificial insulating clothing products are now available to most people with the money to buy them). Seal fur is in important component in northern dress for cultural and practical reasons. You do not have the right to proclaim the end to a cultural practice because it offends your tender sensibilities.

I can relate to what you say. I just don't like seeing the kill.
TheEvilObvious On March 28, 2013

, Canada
#24New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 01:08:59
i eat the babies of people who beat seals...seriously.

Okay, i'm okay with any kind of hunting as long as it's humane(what's the point of using this word if it's humans who murder and kill each other to begin with?) and for a good cause.

For example, a quick death and then people get food and warmth. It's natural.

However, i do not support hunting just for sport, especially if the people beat the animal to near unconsciousness, then skin them alive and leave the body on the side of the road, the animal either dead or dying a slow and excruciating death.....mind my vulgarity here, but anybody who would think that's fun or does that for the profit of fur can go f*** themselves half dead and throw themselves from a f***ing roof.

sorry, I'm just very much for animal rights and if i see a beaten or mistreated animal, i get a little intense. I'm also very very much against fur farms...anywho, that should give you my answer.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#25New Post! Sep 09, 2010 @ 12:45:01
Clubbing a seal, when done correctly, causes instant unconsciousness. It's much less painful than getting shot with a rifle or hit with an arrow and bleeding out.
Dscan On December 29, 2010

, Canada
#26New Post! Dec 08, 2010 @ 05:15:06
I'm fine with the traditional seal hunt, it's the commercial one I sort of have an issue with. People have been doing this for a lot longer than anyone has cared.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs