Software

Microsoft office v Microsoft works 9.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:03:49
I have MS works on my comptuer.. is it any good guys?? i know office pretty well, excel word outlook part of it very well... but I have to buy a new Office Vista software for my new PC, so i was thinking? can i get by with works?

I use alot of excel, and word is always being used in my line of business. Also Outlook is my choice of email client.. I will be honest i aint looked at works yet, but want to get a feel for what you guys think..
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:04:51
I've had both in the past, not the most recent versions but I've always found Office to be easier to use.
Lord_DJ On January 13, 2009

Deleted

you really want to know =$,
#3New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:09:52
@markfox01 Said
I have MS works on my comptuer.. is it any good guys?? i know office pretty well, excel word outlook part of it very well... but I have to buy a new Office Vista software for my new PC, so i was thinking? can i get by with works?

I use alot of excel, and word is always being used in my line of business. Also Outlook is my choice of email client.. I will be honest i aint looked at works yet, but want to get a feel for what you guys think..

I've got ms works now, its not as good as office imo...
ms works is more for a buisness unlike ms office
innit!

#4New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:13:34
@lord_dj Said
I've got ms works now, its not as good as office imo...
ms works is more for a buisness unlike ms office

see i use office at work and find it great for spread sheets, and my collegue said Works isnt as good for spread sheets and stuff like that..
40isnotsobad On December 07, 2010

Houston, Texas
#5New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:13:38
@markfox01 Said

MS Works is basically a scaled down version of office. You also could try Open Office...it's freeware (https://www.openoffice.org/) but it is compatible with MS Office and looks and works very much the same...not exactly but real close.
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:14:36
@markfox01 Said
see i use office at work and find it great for spread sheets, and my collegue said Works isnt as good for spread sheets and stuff like that..

I've done lots of spreadsheets and it's definitely easier in Office
innit!

#7New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:17:09
@40isnotsobad Said
MS Works is basically a scaled down version of office. You also could try Open Office...it's freeware (https://www.openoffice.org/) but it is compatible with MS Office and looks and works very much the same...not exactly but real close.

I forgot about open office.. i guess thats not too bad and you can view office programs with the same fonts?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:17:26
@markfox01 Said

Works is pretty worthless.

There is no such thing as "Office Vista." The current version is Office 2007.

If you don't want to pay for Microsoft Office, you would be better off downloading OpenOffice instead. Much, much more feature-filled and complete than Microsoft Works, plus it's free and Microsoft Office-compatible.
innit!

#9New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 15:25:29
@jonnythan Said
Works is pretty worthless.

There is no such thing as "Office Vista." The current version is Office 2007.

If you don't want to pay for Microsoft Office, you would be better off downloading OpenOffice instead. Much, much more feature-filled and complete than Microsoft Works, plus it's free and Microsoft Office-compatible.

Ah, see the dude in the shop called it Vista office i think, and i said.. is that the same as office 2007 and he said no and said i can only use vista office on vista..... f***ing knob.. cheers jon for that. I think i will go down the open office option for a bit then get office 2007 later on.

thanks for our advice guys.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs