Forums:
College Life

hmmmm...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
llk4tll On July 26, 2008

Las Vegas, Nevada
#1New Post! Jul 23, 2008 @ 04:50:42
so i heard that you are supposed to meet that special someone at college...but i just transferred to a new school and im having trouble making any friends to be honest. its just completely diffferent out here and ive noticed that after being in a relationship for 4 years with the same person..(i am now single now), ive become more shy and less outgoing. and i dont know how to get more involved and even if i did, im too lazy or scared. waaaaaaa . boooo. seems to be much easier to go back to old roots but i know i need to do this. but its not fuun living in a "fun city" for 7 months and not knowing anyone. booooo.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#2New Post! Jul 23, 2008 @ 04:52:58
You don't have to find 'that special someone' at college. I hope not anyways
bizzyx33 On July 25, 2008

los angeles, California
#3New Post! Jul 25, 2008 @ 06:02:04
Try talking to people who sit around you in class.

https://www.l2image.com
https://www.college-spot.com
oluwayemisi On October 16, 2008

abeokuta, Nigeria
#4New Post! Oct 01, 2008 @ 22:48:54
Saying hi, to someone sitting net to you could bring you that friend.Get social leave your past to the past and forge ahead ther are to many things to get done than sitting in a place. Go out of your shell girl and be yourself again I know you can do it cus you did it before.
RobbyF On November 11, 2016

Silver Spring, Maryland
#5New Post! Oct 01, 2008 @ 23:28:31
I don't think that it HAS to happen in college. I am shy to. When you find a person that you can talk to easy and do not feel shy around thats a start. Part of what makes it that "special someone" is that you feel comfortable around them. Try to find a school club or something you like so you can start meeting people with some of your hobbies and interests. I'm sure that will open the door to meeting people and maybe even.... THE ONE!
Bazzy On October 23, 2008

Mississauga, Canada
#6New Post! Oct 13, 2008 @ 02:54:15
I'm quite a shy person myself, but i've made plenty of friends at university. After highschool everyone i was really close to went their separate ways so it was pretty hard the first week not knowing anyone or too much about the school. But just go to class and talk to the people sitting around you. ask them where they're from, what year they're in, their major...just something to start off the conversation before the prof starts class. It's not too bad really...just dont go to school expecting that any moment now, you'll bump into the person you may possibly spend the rest of your life with later on.
Take things as they come, and meet as many new people as you can on the way =)
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#7New Post! Oct 13, 2008 @ 03:07:40
Time really does tell!
It is hard to get back into the singles world after something long term for sure. I hear you!! Eventually though, it will be meant to be, and when you aren't thinking about it or scared of it, it will just happen!
And as for meeting people in a new school, everyone feels that way. For some it is easier and faster, but when you are in classes everyday, and around people all the time, everyone is bound to eventually make new friends. Until then, focus on your schooling, because when you do start making your rocking new memories you will want to forget about your homework!
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#8New Post! Oct 13, 2008 @ 03:08:59
Hell i only found the wrong people in college
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#9New Post! Feb 06, 2018 @ 04:12:20
I went to college & pretty much did not have anything to do with anyone after I left. I do not know who these "people are" who say such things in the first place. I am single (have been for most of my life) & will probably remain so till I croak. I do not speak to anyone including my neighbours, I very much keep myself to myself. I do not go to pubs, clubs or any sporting matches whatever they may be. This way I can do whatever I want to do & not beholden to anyone!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs