Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jul 22, 2008 @ 13:31:44
@jmo Said
Bah, their going out they might as well put forward a few labour type policies, save Scotland from the nationalists.

I don't think we should dwell on the romantic ideal of a 'true' Labour Party which the current government has fallen short of. Such an ideal is just a pipe dream. Instead we should be looking at how to escape the incessant cycle of conservatism and liberalism. Hopefully people will soon begin to comprehend the inescapability of social progress, as progress itself becomes so rapid it is noticable, and finally abandon their pointless efforts to conserve their way of life instead of adapting.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jul 22, 2008 @ 13:34:44
@buffalobill90 Said
I don't think we should dwell on the romantic ideal of a 'true' Labour Party which the current government has fallen short of. Such an ideal is just a pipe dream. Instead we should be looking at how to escape the incessant cycle of conservatism and liberalism. Hopefully people will soon begin to comprehend the inescapability of social progress, as progress itself becomes so rapid it is noticable, and finally abandon their pointless efforts to conserve their way of life instead of adapting.

I just want them to put forward a few left-wing policies, because I, like many of my fellow Labour supporting mates, are feeling dissilusioned as f*** right now.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jul 22, 2008 @ 13:45:09
@jmo Said
I just want them to put forward a few left-wing policies, because I, like many of my fellow Labour supporting mates, are feeling dissilusioned as f*** right now.

Like I said, maybe the only way to remedy your disillusionment is to accept that Labour is not a static party, and it isn't an ideal. There aren't really any realistic parties for lefties to turn to right now. The least you can do is vote labour, I suppose, if only to reduce Conservative's lead. Just don't vote for fringe parties.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jul 22, 2008 @ 19:51:45
@jmo Said
Bah, their going out they might as well put forward a few labour type policies, save Scotland from the nationalists.

whats wrong with being nationalists? you've argued yourself that your proud of where your from and take pride in being scottish. i think being nationalists is far better than adapting to being european, i know we're european anyway but they want to change things to quick as yet for people to really grasp it. did you know they've told britain to stop using the acre as a measurement? ok i dont know how big an acre is but i dont appreciate some european f*** telling us what we can and cant do with what we have used for many years.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#20New Post! Jul 22, 2008 @ 21:06:42
@rockdave Said
whats wrong with being nationalists? you've argued yourself that your proud of where your from and take pride in being scottish. i think being nationalists is far better than adapting to being european, i know we're european anyway but they want to change things to quick as yet for people to really grasp it. did you know they've told britain to stop using the acre as a measurement? ok i dont know how big an acre is but i dont appreciate some european f*** telling us what we can and cant do with what we have used for many years.

By nationalists I mean the SNP, the ones that want independence from England.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

#21New Post! Jul 22, 2008 @ 21:16:50
yeah and? that's a good thing, look at how we've treated ya all these years
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#22New Post! Jul 22, 2008 @ 21:25:58
@rockdave Said
yeah and? that's a good thing, look at how we've treated ya all these years

Wonderfully, we were stone broke when we got into bed with you lot. I wanna keep exploiting you personally.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

#23New Post! Jul 22, 2008 @ 21:31:02
yeah the labour party are scotch t***s so ya going about it wonderfully well
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs