cricket

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
bobbo On December 11, 2009

farnham, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 20:31:40
@cduck Said
i'ts like a baseball game but instead of the count the pitcher just keeps pitching till they get the batter out and every time the batter gets a hit it counts as runs and it goes on for 5 days, kind of...

Kinda not,there are games that last about 3 hours and they would go down in the states,the 5 day games are test matches,only 8 nations are involved in those.the first class game in England is played over 4 days,but there are other levels,most cricket is played during the course of 1 day.as You love statistics,in the states,You would love it,we love cricket stats. in England,I bet You lot could come up with more stats than we could dream of!
I ha an uncle,who lived in beverley hills,he was a butler,to a film producer,and he explained cricket to his boss,who took him to a match,and boss got hooked,so they followed cricket all over the states.It was mostly played by asians,at uni's,and i cant believe it's not now.Get on the web and find some!
samiesunshine On June 14, 2010

nowheresville, Ohio
#17New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 20:44:53
i happen to love baseball(:
and i love going to football games
and hockey is soooo much fun.

i guess it just depends on where you were raised.
bobbo On December 11, 2009

farnham, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 20:59:36
@samiesunshine Said
i happen to love baseball(:
and i love going to football games
and hockey is soooo much fun.

i guess it just depends on where you were raised.

Dead right,mate,but never be afraid to look at something new,You might be surprised !
cduck On March 11, 2011

A Dreamcloud, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 23:28:31
@bobbo Said
Kinda not,there are games that last about 3 hours and they would go down in the states,the 5 day games are test matches,only 8 nations are involved in those.the first class game in England is played over 4 days,but there are other levels,most cricket is played during the course of 1 day.as You love statistics,in the states,You would love it,we love cricket stats. in England,I bet You lot could come up with more stats than we could dream of!
I ha an uncle,who lived in beverley hills,he was a butler,to a film producer,and he explained cricket to his boss,who took him to a match,and boss got hooked,so they followed cricket all over the states.It was mostly played by asians,at uni's,and i cant believe it's not now.Get on the web and find some!

Hello! Someones had a senseahumourfailure today?
ps
i am as english as apple pie!!
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#20New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 23:32:44
@cduck Said

i am as english as apple pie!!

Cduck, I cant tell if this last part is a joke or not,
I need clarification to know if its funny or sad.
cduck On March 11, 2011

#21New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 23:40:19
@adrinachrome Said
Cduck, I cant tell if this last part is a joke or not,
I need clarification to know if its funny or sad.

even though i say it myself it is rather witty!!
cduck On March 11, 2011

#22New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 23:41:34
The English pudding

"For to Make Tartys in Applis", 18th century print of a 14th century recipeEnglish apple pie recipes go back to the time of Chaucer. The 1381 recipe (see illustration at right) lists the ingredients as good apples, good spices, figs, raisins and pears. The cofyn of the recipe is a casing of pastry. Saffron is used for colouring the pie filling.

A traditional way to serve apple pie, particularly in Yorkshire, is with cheese. This adds a deep and rich flavour. This is commonly a hard crumbly cheese such as Cheshire when served separately or Cheddar when cooked as a layer within the pie.

In Commonwealth countries, apple pie is a dessert of enduring popularity, eaten hot or cold, on its own or with ice cream, double cream, or custard.
cduck On March 11, 2011

#23New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 23:42:32
@cduck Said
The English pudding

"For to Make Tartys in Applis", 18th century print of a 14th century recipeEnglish apple pie recipes go back to the time of Chaucer. The 1381 recipe (see illustration at right) lists the ingredients as good apples, good spices, figs, raisins and pears. The cofyn of the recipe is a casing of pastry. Saffron is used for colouring the pie filling.

A traditional way to serve apple pie, particularly in Yorkshire, is with cheese. This adds a deep and rich flavour. This is commonly a hard crumbly cheese such as Cheshire when served separately or Cheddar when cooked as a layer within the pie.

In Commonwealth countries, apple pie is a dessert of enduring popularity, eaten hot or cold, on its own or with ice cream, double cream, or custard.

btw
i'm from yorkshire and i've never heard of anyone having cheese on apple pie!!
daniellaagain On July 06, 2009

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Aug 06, 2008 @ 23:47:15
Flintoff is cute!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs