The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

This is what i think about mental health.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
acidron On November 26, 2011

a wee country town, Canada
#76New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 04:01:30
@ice_66 Said
i only believe in mental health along th lines of tumors and such.
but not in the This person did these Crimes because they are mentally incompetent. Now if some one goes out and sets a old lady on fire. Most people would say they have something wrong in the brain. but what if people just decided to do that. They don't have anything wrong with them They just decided to do it.

Don't you know that mental disorders are not 'just tumors.....'
It's an imbalance of the brain. Yeh, some guy might go and set an old lady on fire...there's lots of f***ed up people in this world. I really don't understand your logic. Sit down with someone you love, who has a mental disorder, and see what YOU see. By the sounds of it, you have no medical or legal knowledge.
jazzsinger On October 15, 2008

Deleted

Phila. suburbs, Pennsylvania
#77New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 23:23:35
Get a little knowledge before you make a #$#$#statement that's in your post. What do you know about the lobes of the brain? Which one is in charge of memory, behavior. Autism runs in families, so does schizophrenia.
The term for a sociopath is Antisocial Personality Disorder. Psychiatry is a science of the mind. Learn more before you decide what you believe.
Get an education about human behavior and then you can make an informed decision. Licensed professional here.
Now comes the nurture or nature talk. Some people are wired wrong, to put it simplistically. :roll
sideshow09 On September 29, 2008

Cedar Springs, Michigan
#78New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 02:36:58
Tumors and such are not mental illness and the symptoms caused by them are not either. Mental illness is REAL!! I do agree with some of your thoughs about mental illness and crimes. Even with most mental illnesses one is capable of distinguishing between right and wrong. Crimes comitted by those in psychosis due to schizo or mania, assuming that their condition is lagit, do fit the catagory of being mentally incompatent as long as they were in an "episode" when the crime took place. Those who are in a stage of psychosis are unable to determine right from wrong. What makes mental illness so hard for the public to acknoledge is that to many criminals try to use it to get off the hook. Also that it is different than other conditions of the body in that it is not diagnosed and treated the same.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs