US Elections

Obama clinches delegate majority

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
BabyJane On July 08, 2014

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
#31New Post! Jun 04, 2008 @ 03:21:26
If he makes her his VP he discredits his entire campaign. Hillary is old news, old politics, old whore basically.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#32New Post! Jun 04, 2008 @ 16:46:04
@babyjane Said
If he makes her his VP he discredits his entire campaign. Hillary is old news, old politics, old whore basically.

that may be true...But

she put him big box yesterday....

If he says no to her being the VP her 18 million voters will turn to McCain and he will lose....

he does pick her and he and his wife will have to put up with...

one former first lady in the white house and one former president looking over his shoulders trying to find something to discredit him at all times....bold move on her part....she does have balls I must give that to her.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#33New Post! Jun 04, 2008 @ 16:49:02
@bobbimay Said
If he says no to her being the VP her 18 million voters will turn to McCain and he will lose....

Are you insane? I know a lot of Clinton supporters living here in New York, and not one of them would dream of voting for McCain over Obama.

Suggesting that any large portion - much less every last one - of Clinton's supporters will run over and vote Republican only if Obama does not choose Clinton as VP displays a truly fundamental misunderstanding of the voting population.

Tucson, Arizona
#34New Post! Jun 04, 2008 @ 16:55:39
@jonnythan Said
Are you insane? I know a lot of Clinton supporters living here in New York, and not one of them would dream of voting for McCain over Obama.

Suggesting that any large portion - much less every last one - of Clinton's supporters will run over and vote Republican only if Obama does not choose Clinton as VP displays a truly fundamental misunderstanding of the voting population.

you might want to get out of your box and may-be read some of the other sites and actually read what her people are saying....
no not all will switch to McCain but more then enough of them will and McCain wins.
stile On January 28, 2009

#35New Post! Jun 04, 2008 @ 17:04:06
@jonnythan Said

If I remember right, its something like 20% of her voters would go over to McCain, Obama can talk well and people are fickle. This election should turn out to be most interesting. Also Its the first one I can vote in!
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#36New Post! Jun 04, 2008 @ 17:09:03
A Gallup poll revealed that 28% of Clinton supporters would vote for McCain over Obama.

The same poll revealed that 20% of Obama supporters would vote for McCain over Clinton.

Not only is that just a tiny 8% difference, but you have to remember 2 things:

1) This is an incredibly tight and intense race. There are a ton of people that would answer "yes, I would vote for McCain over that other jerk" due to the intense rivalry - but, in 5 months, when they really are faced with Obama vs. McCain or Clinton vs. McCain, the vast majority would definitely not switch parties.

2) Clinton was on the ropes when the poll was taken. Her increasingly desperate supporters were fighting harder and harder against Obama. Obama's supporters were pretty comfortable. This alone could easily account for that 8% difference between the two.

On top of all that, according to Gallup itself, who ran this poll, 10% or less of Republicans and Democrats typically vote for the other party's presidential candidate.

By the way, the poll was a telephone poll of about 6000 people. Hardly rock solid proof, eh?

This kind of critical thinking ability is crucial when attempting to interpret the impact of statistics.
stile On January 28, 2009

#37New Post! Jun 04, 2008 @ 17:30:12
@jonnythan Said
A Gallup poll revealed that 28% of Clinton supporters would vote for McCain over Obama.

The same poll revealed that 20% of Obama supporters would vote for McCain over Clinton.

1) This is an incredibly tight and intense race. There are a ton of people that would answer "yes, I would vote for McCain over that other jerk" due to the intense rivalry - but, in 5 months, when they really are faced with Obama vs. McCain or Clinton vs. McCain, the vast majority would definitely not switch parties.

2) Clinton was on the ropes when the poll was taken. Her increasingly desperate supporters were fighting harder and harder against Obama. Obama's supporters were pretty comfortable. This alone could easily account for that 8% difference between the two.

On top of all that, according to Gallup itself, who ran this poll, 10% or less of Republicans and Democrats typically vote for the other party's presidential candidate.

By the way, the poll was a telephone poll of about 6000 people. Hardly rock solid proof, eh?

This kind of critical thinking ability is crucial when attempting to interpret the impact of statistics.

I didn't know that it was a phone poll with only 6000 people. The things they feed us on the news these days are sad.

Tucson, Arizona
#38New Post! Jun 04, 2008 @ 17:59:12
@jonnythan Said

Hillary Clinton leads Barack Obama 56% to 39% among men (46% of likely Democratic primary voters). Among women, Clinton leads 63% to 29%.

Clinton leads 57% to 38% among voters age 18 to 49 (46% of likely Democratic primary voters) and Clinton leads 63% to 30% among voters age 50 and older.

11% of likely Democratic primary voters say they would never vote for Hillary Clinton in the primary and 27% of likely Democratic primary voters say they would never vote for Barack Obama in the primary.

https://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/national-polls.html

see I can find polls that support my side too

the baby-boomers will decide this election and there are 78 million of them...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs