Violence!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#1New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 05:44:15
Has anyone ever experienced violence in their relationships or know of anyone who has?

If so, how did you deal with it and how has it affected your life? or theirs?

Are some of you still in a violent relationship and if so why do you stay??

Very touchy topic!!! And this question is for females and males alike.
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#2New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 05:51:42
i hate to hear of people stuck in such relationships
not being brave enough to stand up and leave both emotional and physical violence is just wrong
l_teddy10 On January 27, 2022

Detroit, Michigan
#3New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 05:54:47
My ex girlfriend punched me in the head one time. Then bit me on the cheek and finger and tried to push me in front of a car.
I was drunk and somehow made her mad? Idk. I didn't really care.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#4New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 05:58:31
@maximillion Said
i hate to hear of people stuck in such relationships
not being brave enough to stand up and leave both emotional and physical violence is just wrong

A lot of times it has nothing to do with being brave, there are a lot of surrounding circumstances that make the abused one stay. One is the fear of them hurting your children or family, so you stay to protect them and take it all yourself so they don't turn their anger toward others that you love.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#5New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 06:00:01
@l_teddy10 Said
My ex girlfriend punched me in the head one time. Then bit me on the cheek and finger and tried to push me in front of a car.
I was drunk and somehow made her mad? Idk. I didn't really care.

But do you think that was acceptable behavior on her part? Because no one deserves to get hit no matter what!!
l_teddy10 On January 27, 2022

Detroit, Michigan
#6New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 06:02:04
No it wasn't acceptable. I didn't really do anything that bad. She was just mad. But whatever, stuff like that doesn't usually bother me, I mean physically. Usually a little pain doesn't bother me.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#7New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 06:08:41
@lilbear Said
But do you think that was acceptable behavior on her part? Because no one deserves to get hit no matter what!!

I'd say there is definitely times when someone deserves to get hit, for sure. Yes there is even times when its ok for a man to hit a women, like if she's beating on your kids or some s***.
You should never hit someone you're in a relationship though. I mean if you cant settle your arguments with words, you probably shouldn't be with the person.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#8New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 06:16:19
@adrinachrome Said
I'd say there is definitely times when someone deserves to get hit, for sure. Yes there is even times when its ok for a man to hit a women, like if she's beating on your kids or some s***.
You should never hit someone you're in a relationship though. I mean if you cant settle your arguments with words, you probably shouldn't be with the person.

What about the police if she's abusing the children to get her taken away and charged? By you hitting her you put yourself at risk of being taken to jail for assault. Wouldn't that be the more reasonable route to take, because if your in jail for hitting her then she is alone with the children. Just a thought.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#9New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 06:21:19
@lilbear Said
What about the police if she's abusing the children to get her taken away and charged? By you hitting her you put yourself at risk of being taken to jail for assault. Wouldn't that be the more reasonable route to take, because if your in jail for hitting her then she is alone with the children. Just a thought.

I hear what you're saying, and I don't have any kids. I imagine if I did though and saw someone hitting them, I'd hurt them, regardless of their sex.
surf_goddess On June 02, 2008

Deleted

, France
#10New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 07:29:17
My ex husband became violent after we were married for a year nothing too serious at first just a slap, so i told him if it happened again i'd leave.

He was fine for about a year and then lost his job so began drinkining, one night we had an argument and he decided to punch me because i didn't agree with him about something.

Afterwards he began crying and begged me for forgiveness, so i said okay but it was his last chance and with that he happily fell asleep.

When he woke up the next morning i was gone and i haven't looked back since. I've gone through a lot of big changes in my life, but i will never allow myself to be a victim. If i hadn't of left night, that would've been the start of an ongoing abusive marriage.

Now i am very happy and living life the way i want to
johnnyposter On July 03, 2011

my box behind Arbys, Ohio
#11New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 07:32:00
I have a couple friends who have broken every door in their appartment, except the front, by slaming eachother into them.

Some people just like it rough?
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#12New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 07:32:43
@surf_goddess Said
My ex husband became violent after we were married for a year nothing too serious at first just a slap, so i told him if it happened again i'd leave.

He was fine for about a year and then lost his job so began drinkining, one night we had an argument and he decided to punch me because i didn't agree with him about something.

Afterwards he began crying and begged me for forgiveness, so i said okay but it was his last chance and with that he happily fell asleep.

When he woke up the next morning i was gone and i haven't looked back since. I've gone through a lot of big changes in my life, but i will never allow myself to be a victim. If i hadn't of left night, that would've been the start of an ongoing abusive marriage.

Now i am very happy and living life the way i want to

Good for you!!! took some courage and determination.
surf_goddess On June 02, 2008

Deleted

, France
#13New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 07:44:08
@lilbear Said
Good for you!!! took some courage and determination.

Thanks

It's just that i'd seen acouple of friends go down that path in the past and slowly their partners changed who they were, they became half the people they were and had no self confidence etc.

I just didn't want to become like that so felt i had to be strong and just go, i'm sure if i hadn't of gone that night it would have become harder and harder for me to leave.
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#14New Post! Jun 02, 2008 @ 07:50:50
@surf_goddess Said
Thanks

It's just that i'd seen acouple of friends go down that path in the past and slowly their partners changed who they were, they became half the people they were and had no self confidence etc.

I just didn't want to become like that so felt i had to be strong and just go, i'm sure if i hadn't of gone that night it would have become harder and harder for me to leave.

Yes it would have. You made the right decision and I would hope and wish that more people would follow that lead. But for some it's too late already and they have children involved which makes it a lot harder to just up and leave. Sad for the children, no one thinks it affects them but I beg to differ. When they are grown up that's when you can see the scars of what happened come to the fore and it's very sad and hurtful to see.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs