Pages: << · 1 2 3
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#31New Post! May 26, 2008 @ 13:25:43
yeah of course,
their senses are atuned differently.

there's nothing metaphysical about it though, its just hard for us to imagine how they interpret the world because we only have our own experiences as a frame of reference.

like we know a bat uses a kind of radar, we even know to a high degree how that works, but we can imagine how it actually feels for the bat.

plus we've lost alot of our 'instincts' in favour of rationality.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#32New Post! May 26, 2008 @ 15:13:58
@sweetheart5545 Said
do you think animals can sense things that we can't?

Yes. Why would you question their abilities!
Lord_DJ On January 13, 2009

Deleted

you really want to know =$,
#33New Post! May 26, 2008 @ 15:41:41
they can sence fear
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#34New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 01:42:29
i have 3 dogs,and my house has spirits,our toy yorkie knows before we secnce theres a spirit in our bedroom but it always stands in the corner by the door,i just say its alright georgie,then she lays down. x
missy On June 02, 2008

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#35New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 02:04:42
@kaie01 Said
I think cats are just attracted to people who are "natural" witches ie the people who are from a long line of witches, i got told that once by someone who used to get cats coming up to them all the time yet the cats would never go upto anyone else and she was a from a family of witches who had been in the craft for many, many generations.

Oh now i understand why you asked the question earlier
kaie01 On May 28, 2008

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#36New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 02:07:54
@missy Said
Oh now i understand why you asked the question earlier

Ha ha it was treebee's fault honest
ruinedpuzzle On June 03, 2008

Ontario, California
#37New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 02:40:47
Animals can also sense when an earthquake is about to hit, they can probably feel the rumbling below ground before it hits.

But I remember one year before we had an earthquake my dog went crazy and she was wimpering and looking for somewhere to run too.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#38New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 04:41:03
Either they can or they have an uncanny knack for keeping appointments: "I was supposed to be in the kitchen an hour ago!" ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#39New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 04:55:55
Yes they can. How do I know?? just watch them when certain weather is coming like a tornado or something and you'll see it in the way they act. Observing them before a storm comes will show you how much they sense and know before we can even know. They also sense a person, watch their behaviors around a variety of different personality types and see for yourself, they are never wrong and they never forget. We don't need a science degree to know this just by observing their actions will tell us more than anything else ever could.
barbiemom On August 07, 2008

Covington, Indiana
#40New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 17:53:44
Yes, they can. I also feel animals have some kind of mental link with their owners. How else do you explain animals finding their owners in places they have never been before? Or how they know when their owners are on their way home? We have three great dogs and they are constantly doing things to reafirm my beliefs.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#41New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 18:02:05
@treebee Said
i wondered if it was because cats can do magic as im typing this i imagine a cat on stage with a cape and top hat

I love the way your mind works.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#42New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 18:07:09
animals have different and physical perceptions.
they can not sense spirits however.
they would have to exist first.
multicoloredlady On February 10, 2010

, United States (general)
#43New Post! May 27, 2008 @ 18:57:09
I do believe they sense things we do not. Or, at least they have heightened senses.

Animals must survive in the wild and protect themselves from nature and other animals. Some will have better sight; others will have better sense of smell; another animal will hear better. They have to know what they can or cannot eat, so they need a good sense of taste, too.

They will probably know about weather changes well ahead of the weatherman. If you have ever realized it, ants begin building up their hills a couple of days before rain comes.

I saw on TV that cats can hear a mouse walking through the grass. In dog shows, there are different groups of dogs, such as "sight hounds" or hounds that hunt by smell.

The medical community believes there is something to dogs being able to detect cancer in their human owners.

Prior to the tsunami hitting Thailand in 2004, animals that were chained broke loose and ran to safety long before there were storm warnings.

We have much to learn if we observe our pets or wild animals, IMO. Good topic!
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#44New Post! Jun 12, 2008 @ 23:03:59
they can sense alot, storms for instance, they know when one is coming.

Cats have four times the amount of hearing that we do, so don't crank up your tunes so high, it hurts there's as much as it damages ours when we go to a concert and come out not hearing.

birds sense storms as well, ever notice they are all in the trees when its coming?

animals sense so much that we don't.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs