Deleted

Leicester, United Kingdom
#61New Post! May 18, 2008 @ 20:06:08
@adrinachrome Said
God obviously is displeased with us.
Otherwise why has he been gone
for so many thousands of years.
Better to not believe at all
then to believe we are gods unwanted children.

Also humanity taking a step away from god is a good thing?
Why is that?
Cause some of us have found comfort in the idea that there most likely isn't a god?
No when Humans start drifting from god bad things will happen.
There is a lot of people out there
who need the threat of hell over them.
If there is no god and no repercussions that last after we die,
whats to stop us from running amuck?

Yes, just like in the middle-ages and as I conveyed in my last post.
ShadyFx8 On October 11, 2017

cairns, Australia
#62New Post! May 20, 2008 @ 17:31:24
very convinceing,

*note the sarcasm
duploshoes On March 03, 2009

Deleted

#63New Post! May 20, 2008 @ 23:26:57
@shadyfx8 Said
very convinceing,

*note the sarcasm

Well done. You're the first
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#64New Post! May 21, 2008 @ 10:18:48
Religion certainly isn't doing God any favours.
antarchy On June 17, 2008

Southend, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Jun 17, 2008 @ 12:25:11
Religion can be corrupted due to the interference of man, man is corrupt, we are naturally violent just like chimpanzees. God is not. Because man has corrupted religion and possibly inserted things into the bible (for example: "it is easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle than for him to get into heaven" could be to make poor people beleive they are better off staying poor) they have discredited God, and now Atheism is growing, because of the sn of man
duploshoes On March 03, 2009

Deleted

#66New Post! Jun 17, 2008 @ 12:30:26
@antarchy Said
Religion can be corrupted due to the interference of man, man is corrupt,
we are naturally violent just like chimpanzees. God is not. Because man has corrupted
religion and possibly inserted things into the bible (for example: "it is easier for a rich man to
pass through the eye of a needle than for him to get into heaven" could be to make poor
people beleive they are better off staying poor) they have discredited God, and now Atheism
is growing, because of the sn of man

Well, religion was created by man.
Atheism is growing because people are waking up to the stupidity of religion. Religion has
served it's purpose and is no longer necessary.
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#67New Post! Jun 19, 2008 @ 00:54:17
@adrinachrome Said
If there is no god and no repercussions that last after we die,
whats to stop us from running amuck?

what's to keep us from running amuck?

Prison.

I personally suspect that most people do not run amuck, because the police would (eventually) arrest them and send them to jail.

Throughout history, and most likely pre-history, there have been laws against anti-social behaviors.

I believe that earthly laws have a greater impact on people not doing bad things, then the fear of hell.
warlock0622 On May 23, 2010

Shinglehouse, Pennsylvania
#68New Post! Jun 19, 2008 @ 01:11:00
In my humble opinion, religion and faith are two different things. Faith is the belief in a god. Religion is then taking that faith, putting your own understanding on the object of that faith (i.e. your god), and making a set of rules and laws by which to worship and exemplify that god. It's not Christianity, or Islam, or Judaism, or any other faith that is at fault, it's man's interpretation of the religious aspects of said faiths. You can meet someone who claims to be any religion, and watch them browbeat others for disagreeing with them, and justify all sorts of horrendous things in the name of religion. But, you can also meet another person, same professed faith, that is kind, gentle, loving, etc., all of the best attributes of a faithful person.
As for you Christians saying there is a God, that's great that you have that strong of faith. But, your Bible says to stay faithful, to have faith, not to stay religious and have religion. Religion seems to be like a winter coat to many people. They wear it when they feel they need it to protect them, but as soon as it starts to get a little warm under that coat they take it off and toss it to the side, and forget about it until they need to use it again.
And you self-righteous atheists, you are no better than the religious people. Just because you think they are wrong does not give you the right to belittle and ridicule them. It may be that they see something you don't understand. You realize there is a possibility you could be wrong too.
Proof is the difference between faith and science. If there were proof God exists, then no one would need faith. Everyone would act according to what God said, and sin and evil would dissappear. According to the Christian faith, God created us to have free will to choose whether we accept him or not. Proof would eradicate not only faith, but the very attributes of God that salvation and faith exemplify.

Sorry for the length of the post, I could go on, but I wanted to make it clear that there was faith, and then there was religion, two totally different subjects. I claim no religion, and have tried to stay unbiased as possible, but I feel that religion according to man is very counter-productive to what God, if there is one, is trying to accomplish. Anything that counters what God is trying to do would by default be the enemy of God.

So yes, in this situation, religion is an enemy to God.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs