Our economy is the peoples fault, not Bush

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
baux On July 25, 2008

Washington, District of Columb
#46New Post! May 14, 2008 @ 22:11:45
@nothinsnew Said
Ok so the so-called liberals are the ones racking up household debt? Thats so obviously biased that I would have to agree that it really does negate your entire point.

However.... lets start at the start... How is it that these people that cant afford these things are allowed by law to get loans to buy these things? Because your government lets lending institutions give them the loans. There should be laws that stop predatory loans.

Also, I found out the other day ... your government never runs a budget surplus! Wtf? As a country you're always in debt! That means when things like the sub-prime thing happen its harder for you to limit the damage.

Plus you borrow billions off other countries so you can fight wars.

Honestly, I think it's irresponsible economics and you only have yourselves to blame for voting in reckless people like GWB.

Because of the above things you guys will no longer be the worlds greatest economy.

Blaming "liberals" wont help either.

https://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2007/s2236161.htm

One last point to your post, You have to remember that America was founded on debt. We have always been in debt.

That is what we do best, we consume which feeds the economies of the world so you should be lucky that we are this way.

As an Fyi, Our founding father and the first Leader of the Free World, George Washington, had to borrow money from a Friend to make it to his own inauguration ceremony in New York......
baux On July 25, 2008

#47New Post! May 14, 2008 @ 22:18:32
@nothinsnew Said
So the banks shouldn't be able to lend people massive amounts of money if they think a few interest rate rises will put them beyond their means.

That stuff is almost happening here. I knew it was suspect when my friends got a loan for the entire total of the property they bought. I think thats just crap that banks can lend like that because they do the whole sales pitch thing too.

Thats the problem, your peers and other foreign powers were buying the heck out of this paper, so you actually feed this problem as well as these mortgage backed securities where pooled together and bought abroad. You have to admit it is pretty funny....I have even heard claims that two investment bankers from NY were responsible for crushing an entire country's economy abroad. Too funny, greed gets the best of everyone
arw74 On June 19, 2009

Dayton,
#48New Post! May 15, 2008 @ 02:28:40
I'm with you Buddy!
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#49New Post! May 15, 2008 @ 02:42:44
And wasteful government spending didn't make things worse?
baux On July 25, 2008

#50New Post! May 15, 2008 @ 02:56:54
@diomedes Said
And wasteful government spending didn't make things worse?

No actually that is a good thing, I know it is counter inituitive but correct. But as an aside, this wasteful government spending are primarily the by-product of left winged ideas of a social wellfare state. It will ultimately lead to higher taxes especially if Obama or Clinton are elected but in general when the goverment is spending the economy as a whole is better off. But I do agree it is dumb for us to spend money we don't have
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs