The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

do you think the way you look is caused by people around you?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#16New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 17:36:08
I think if you're looking to blend in you might try to find clothes that your friends won't think look weird. After a while it becomes less important though
jazzzz On April 27, 2008

York, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 17:40:25
@x_laura_x Said
Yeah, see I couldn't date someone that liked exactly the same things as me

i spose it all depends on how well you get on with the person..
i mean, i get on with all kinds of people, but i wouldnt get with any of them ahhaa
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#18New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 17:48:18
@x_laura_x Said
Yeah, see I couldn't date someone that liked exactly the same things as me

Well, then,.... you're relatively safe, Laura. At least, if I read your signature line correctly....
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#19New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 18:05:50
@jazzzz Said
Sometimes i wonder if the way i dress and look is down to the people i'm with 24/7!!

and same with the people i like or have a relationship with..

coz most the guys i find attractive are the ones with piercings and tattoo's!! but you would never get a girl who listened to Mariah Carey and girls aloud and wore trakki's finding those kind of guys attractive!

hmmmmmm

I don't know. I went through a very preppy stage when I was a teen and it brought out the the "bad" guys, big time. Something about opposites attracting.

But anyway, I think people so tend to dress and look like those around them. That or they gravitate to people who look like they do. We all sort of "flock" I think.
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#20New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 19:00:59
Our dress is absolutely influenced by not only the people we care about but ALL of society around us.
You have the business 'dress for succsess' people. The fashion trend 'will only wear name brand' followers. The biker people, the b-girls and b-boys, hip hop influence, hootchie mama 'notice me' style, the goth look, the skate boarder look, all of these are different, and good looking styles but no one does them completely independant of their group.
Like for example, have you ever seen a guy in a polo shirt and slacks on the floor break dancing? Or a biker chick dress like Ellen Degeneres? It's like, no matter what you do and who you are, there's a uniform that goes with it.
There are some people who are in complete control of how they look, you can tell they don't care what anyone says because they are usually the really unusual and tacky dressers. But that is also a fashion trend, the 'I'm unique, freedom fighter' trend, and even that style is influenced by society.
leah85 On April 25, 2008

Adelaide, Australia
#21New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 19:09:40
opposites attract... I had nothing in common with my fiance when we met, apart from the fact that we were both drunk It makes life interesting and I learn new things every day, even though it is a challenge!

And I don't really dress like my friends. They mostly wear surf brands and I'm too poor to get them. I don't really pay much attention to what people wear.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Apr 24, 2008 @ 19:51:50
No
max_the_ripper On August 29, 2008

LAS VEGAS, Nevada
#23New Post! May 16, 2008 @ 03:21:25
Day by day I'm starting to look like my girlfriend.
pq On December 03, 2011

Deleted

Gainesville, Florida
#24New Post! May 16, 2008 @ 03:26:38
I do think environmental pollution might play a role in how I look some days.
anilaicraM On July 23, 2011

East Bay, California
#25New Post! May 16, 2008 @ 03:28:04
@jazzzz Said
so.. would you go out with someone who had nothing in common with you? dress sense, music ect..

I know that this question was not directed toward me but I was compelled to answer.

Darn skippy! I would date someone who has nothing in common with me. I really do believe that opposites attract. Down to that way you live your lives. Plus someone who likes things that you don't might just change your mind. I dated a guy who liked country and now I do not hate is as much. I do not love it but I can tolerate it now.

Back to the topic : I used to dress similar to my friends. Now I dress nothing like them. My style is just that. My own.

^__^

I am an under cover trend setter *+tee hee+*
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#26New Post! May 16, 2008 @ 03:32:09
Never!! I dress to what looks good on me, I never go by another's opinion especially another woman's opinion. Reason is if I went by my female friends opinion's I'd be wearing a Potato Bag out all the time.
lady_ninja33 On May 12, 2012

somewhere!!,
#27New Post! May 16, 2008 @ 03:32:12
no not really me.... i wear what i want when i want... haha that's mostly black clothing...i can't stand anything tight because it shows off to much of my body curves... haha but my friends and my bf do wear black, but they don't wear anything like me..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs