Random

is this good grammar

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#1New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 17:49:18
I was given an incredible chance... to redo a creative writing piece and put in better grammar, id like TFS to read through it for me and tell me if the grammar is good enough! I have indeed posted this piece before and would appreciate opinions also!

. The Assassin

?Click?,?click? the sound of a professional opening a briefcase. He could have been a bank manager or a businessman, in fact any other desk jockey. His dark suit was dampened by the odd moisture of the wind, not quite rain but sort of like mist. The worst thing he thought was the spine tingling icy wind being channelled through the steep sided valley behind. He lowered his cap until his brow was just covered. He stepped back and slid a little in the mud, his case fell closed, he reached forward and reopened it. He removed his sharp edged finely printed case notes and folded them carefully then stowed them in an inside pocket of his jacket. He then swiftly uncovered the warm steel barrel of a weapon from inside his jacket lining.

He removed the other parts of his rifle from his case and assembled the 50 calibre sniper. He disconnected the scope and used it to examine the wrecked old house he used to know. The old building had three floors, the paint was peeling from is wooden walls. The shingles on the roof were cracked and rotten, its windows were mouldy and one was broken. He looked over to the old shed in the yard, the roof had caved in at one side and the window was smeared in what resembles blood.

After waiting for a few hours, silent and plotting the man sees what he's been anticipating. A trail of dust being thrown up by a large four by four, its dim headlights leading the way through the odd mist. He looked a little closer at the old ford 4x4 and seen it was orange with rust and battered within an inch of its life, but appeared to be running fine until he noticed the black smoke belching out amongst the mud of the old country road.

The vehicle drove right into the yard and skidded to a halt. The driver a young man of 32 stepped out. He had blonde short hair and was wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt. The assassin put his scope back onto his rifle and aimed at the man, he remembered a chair by the fire he could see through the window, It was the young man's favourite chair he knew he would sit there and believed he would get a better shot on a stationary target. The young man did exactly what the assassin anticipated, he walked through to the dusty living room and sat down on a moth-eaten old chair, He had a cup of tea in one hand and a remote control in the other. The assassin looked for a little longer, then steadying himself he took aim and fired. The ear-splitting gunshot shattered the window and hit the man square in the back of his head, the man fell forwards out of the chair, dead.

The assassin coolly and calmly unscrewed the barrel of his sniper, wrapped it in cloth and put it back into his jacket lining. He then took apart the weapons other parts and stowed them quickly into his briefcase, He scooped up the bullet casing and put it in his pocket, he then calmly removed his case notes, lay them over his gun and closed his case. He ruffled up the grass he had been sitting on, walked away back through the valley away from the house and into the sharp wind. The terrible scene was now void of Human life.
Lord_DJ On January 13, 2009

Deleted

you really want to know =$,
#2New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 17:50:09
im sorry but my attention span is 1 paragraf with no long words

i just cant do it
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 17:52:44
Is this before or after you edited it?
Sausage Snowman

#4New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 17:57:35
@jonnythan Said
Is this before or after you edited it?

after
are you trying to offend me i posted asking for a second opinion be straight not mocking please
chocycandy On February 01, 2010

dundee, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 17:59:25
from what i read .....i get bored easily ....it was good !!
Lord_DJ On January 13, 2009

Deleted

you really want to know =$,
#6New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 18:00:09
@chocycandy Said
.....i get bored easily ....

theres no need to offend him
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 18:00:39
No, it was an honest question.

The first sentence isn't even a sentence - and it has a misplaced comma. The second sentence has an odd clause that should be set off by something other than a comma. The third is just awkward, and the fourth contains a couple of errors. The third sentence of the second paragraph is a comma splice. So is the one immediately following it.

No offense or anything, but the grammar in this is terrible.
Sausage Snowman

#8New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 18:04:21
tats because i suck i have no f'ing idea how i got into a credit level english class
care to shed any light on that

also i was told that what i had actually done was good but it just needed a few more punctuation marks and i took that as add in full stops and commas since its all i know in the way of grammar
chocycandy On February 01, 2010

dundee, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 22, 2008 @ 18:20:29
i wasnt offending him i was being honest! cant help it if i get bored easily
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs