Religion & Philosophy

The first tenet of Wicca. "Harm None and Do As Thee Will"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
carlmo On April 18, 2008

Banned

Oak Grove, Missouri
#1New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:51:35
Any other Wiccans or practing White Witches out there?

Bright Aura
ebh On October 02, 2008

, Texas
#2New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 15:57:35
I don't really practice any religion but I was told recently my aura is blue-green. It was fascinating.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 16:05:21
@ebh Said
I don't really practice any religion but I was told recently my aura is blue-green. It was fascinating.

I'll never forget the day my mum let my friend and her bf, their guitars, and their puppy come over for a barbeque and my friend's bf was absolutely facsinated with my dog, cos she's really pretty and rules wherever she goes. So the puppy came too close, too fast and she growled and I yelled at her and he said "It's ok it was [puppy]'s fault. He stepped on her...um...aura." It was hilarious. Then another friend came over and we all played guitar.
ebh On October 02, 2008

, Texas
#4New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 16:08:23
Umm.. awkward moment, crazychica?
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 16:13:41
@ebh Said
Umm.. awkward moment, crazychica?

Nope. just a good memory. Haven't seen them in ages.
carlmo On April 18, 2008

Banned

Oak Grove, Missouri
#6New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 16:18:53
lol Wicca is a Spiritual Path, not an organized religion.

Wiccan is only called a religion by the government, because it must be called that to be eligible for non-profit status by the government. Practice it as a Spiritual Path, and will never see it as a relion myself. Wicca does not have the dogma, and other negatives, associated with an organized religion.

Wicca is an individual's Spiritual Path, where the individual is concerned about the well being of mankind, and shares and cares with those who walk in peace regardless of their diversity.

Have a magickal say.

Bright Aura
bellydancercat On August 04, 2008

Nashville, Tennessee
#7New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 16:21:06
I'm definitely Pagan, not sure if I'm completely Wiccan although I do agree with a lot of their philosophies; mostly an eclectic kitchen witch I guess. Anyway, merry meet and glad to hear from you!
carlmo On April 18, 2008

Banned

Oak Grove, Missouri
#8New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 16:24:21
Dear DrCoas:

Wicca is my Spritual Path, and I voluntarily serve the Goddess and follow her teaching of harmony and serenity.

Wicca was around 30,000 years before the warlike and jealous god concept of the christians. No war has ever been fought in the name of Wicca. Also no innocent people have ever been targeted to be killed by Wicca.

Wicca is an individual Spiritual Path, regardless if you are a sole practitioner, or belong to a coven. It is also an Assertive, win-win, philsophy, not like the Aggresive, we win - you follow our dictates of most organized religions. Our first tenet is "Harm None and Do As Thee Will."

Wiccans follow all walks of life, and seldom a day goes by when most people, although they usually do not know it, have dealing with a Wiccan or a practing Witch. Wiccans are doctors, nurses, policemen, mail carriers, shop keepers, and etc.

There are millions of Wiccans, and most Wiccans are not practicing Witches and pratice the Craft. Contrary to what most people think, a Witch can be a male or female. To be a Witch requires dedicated study and a consistency of sharing and caring for those who walk in peace. Just because a Wiccan might practice candle magick does not necessarily make them a Witch. lol

Hope this gives you a glim into our world.
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#9New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 16:36:38
I was raised pagan at home, i do generally believe in the law of 3 and follow the wiccan way but it just kind of comes naturally cos its how we were bought up.
My family were Romany and i was also taught there ways.

Bit annoying sometimes cos im overly superstitious now
BabyJane On July 08, 2014

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
#10New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 16:43:24
I've read a lot about "Wicca", not as a prospective religion, just because I find it fascinating. What I find most appealing about it is that it lacks the "our way is the only way" mentality and embraces diversity and tolerance.
bellydancercat On August 04, 2008

Nashville, Tennessee
#11New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 18:52:07
Quote:
I've read a lot about "Wicca", not as a prospective religion, just because I find it fascinating. What I find most appealing about it is that it lacks the "our way is the only way" mentality and embraces diversity and tolerance.

I like that aspect as well. Tied in importance, for me at least, is the absolute need for a practitioner to take responsibility for their actions. Today it seems the theory of personal responsibility is vanishing swiftly. I can't say as I LIKE the idea all the time, particularly when I am not being responsible, but I embrace the need for it. I feel taking ownership of what I do and the subsequent consequences has made me more grounded. It's also freed me, in a sense. Saying "Yes, I did it and I've dealt with the fallout" allows me to move on rather than wallow around in a pile of "what if?".
carlmo On April 18, 2008

Banned

Oak Grove, Missouri
#12New Post! Apr 18, 2008 @ 19:17:08
BellyDancer Cat:

So true. The first tenet of Wicca gives us vast freedom, but also places on us a tremendous responsibility to be resonsible and respectful of those who are not like us and have their own beliefs. If a person wishes to be left alone, and they are not harming themselves or others, then their wish is a valid one and to be respected.

Have 5 cats and I worship them, as I do my 2 Australian Shepards too.

"If you call a dog. he comes. but if you call a cat they take a message and get back to you." lol Think a cat invented the answering machine?

All my cats have individual and beautiful personalities, and give me tremendous unconditional love. My life is so much more joyous having them in it, They all like to cuddle, but 2 of them don't like to be handled duing the cuddling. They choose when to cuddle, and if I do more than scratch them they leave. The other 3 cats love to cuddle, and have their bellies rubbed too. lol

My Australian Shepards, "my gurls," also give unconditional love. They are named Lady Oaks Aura and Sister Diane Aura, and yes they are sisters. Consider myself very lucky to have them in my life too.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs