Random

Give the Young People a Chance

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
littlebear On May 02, 2008

Deleted

, Canada
#1New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 05:09:38
I noticed on a lot of threads young people's opinions get totally ignored and scoffed at. I don't think that is just, they may be young but have some very insightful and valid comments to make that some older people don't bother to take seriously. This is not right,yes some younger one's do sometimes come on a goof around on a serious topic but I've seen some older people do the same. If a comment is worthy of reading and helpful why dismiss it just because it came out of the mouth of a youth? Let's all try to respect each other, not by the age of a person but rather by how helpful the comment is to the topic no matter what age the person is. Just a thought that has now been texted.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#2New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 05:36:33
If only everyone could see things like this at one point or another.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 05:49:47
if ive ever seemed rude to the younguns out there, let me just say that i dont generally look at the ages, or sometimes not even the names when i respond... i promise its not cuz i think ur young and stupid... then again... i probably am one of you depending on whos reading this...

to all the old fogeys who think im just a stupid kid... dont dismiss or youll have my wrath to contend with!!!
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#4New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 05:52:36
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU
I know I've had a few problems with that issue and I know that while we do have our mischief makers, we also have our mature moments. Sometimes it really hurts to have my opinion dismissed because I don't know enough yet, or because I never experienced this because I'm only *insert age*.. etc

I know that I'm not going to be able to understand everything, but if that's the case I say so, I don't try to act like I know all of the world's secrets or anything

Deleted

, Canada
#5New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 05:58:55
Hey I'm considered an older lady, but I never dismiss the youth they are so in tune with what's going on and I learn a lot from them and vice verse, but I don't like to be called an old foggie, I'm am still young enough to relate to the youth and the older people. I rather enjoy talking to the younger crowd they are so interesting and fresh with their views, whereas some older people think just because they're older they know everything and everything they say is law. But on that not some youths can be very rude also. So that's why I say let's not look at the age before we respond but rather at the validity of the comment being made and be willing to be open minded with younger people's idea's.JMO
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 06:00:59
im only calling people who say im just a stupid kid an old fogey... no offence intended towards anyone...
tickleme On January 28, 2014

somewhere in the world., Antar
#7New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 07:35:49
well said littlebear.
BTW love your avatar!!

Deleted

, Canada
#8New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 19:39:06
@tickleme Said
well said littlebear.
BTW love your avatar!!

I love my avatar too, you know it actually makes being on the forum more relaxing believe it or not, I kinda just move with the kitty how weird is that?
spiderswing432 On April 17, 2008

Deleted

Gotham City,
#9New Post! Apr 13, 2008 @ 19:45:58
Well said!

And it's funny though when a younger person is getting the best of an older person, and then they start saying "you're too young!" or "learn before you type!"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs