The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

How much credit do you give the justice system?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
lesfox719 On July 17, 2009

Bowling Green, Kentucky
#1New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 16:35:42
Last Thursday afternoon, my best friend's brother was shot and killed for breaking in to a house, where the man claimed he was sleeping. https://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/17282479.html

The autopsy report, however, has shown that the boy, 15, was beaten up shortly before being shot and also that he was shot at point blank range right between the eyes. The man who shot him also proceded to call the lawyer before calling the police, even though he admittedly knew he had just killed someone. The whole story just gets stranger and stranger and sounds more like the 15 year old was set up, not simply a burglar.

Do you think the police will get to the bottom of this, or will the guy get off free as a bird, even though a teenager is dead. I thought, like many others, that he shot him out of fear because he was breaking in, but if he had time to beat him up or get within two feet of him to shoot, even though the 15 year old never entered the house, seems like he was less scared and more mad.

Is it just easy to say the burglar got what he deserved? I hope people, especially our justice system, cares more about the truth, and less about just closing a case.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#2New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 16:41:34
I would say if the what you say is true(the autopsy report)the information will be looked into further. Have some faith.
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#3New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 16:44:34
Unlike your posed question, credit is not an option for the judicial system. They only take cash. Ask OJ. Debate is what makes the judicial system and whoever is the better Lawyer/debater is the winner. Truth has nothing to do with it, nor is it sought.
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#4New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 16:48:02
@dlsharp Said
Unlike your posed question, credit is not an option for the judicial system. They only take cash. Ask OJ. Debate is what makes the judicial system and whoever is the better Lawyer/debater is the winner. Truth has nothing to do with it, nor is it sought.

I agree somewhat, but I also like to think that evidence does play a part... however small it may be, it's still involved.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#5New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 16:51:20
CSI and all them shows really hack me off, they show this crime solving sience and yet, it has still put alot of innocent people in jail. A judge in the UK told the court once to put shows like that out of there head and listen to the facts. DNA, forensics dont tell a story.. they state facts.
The young lad was beaten up.. shot between the eyes.. was he beaten up that day? before the shooting or by the guy? why did the guy call the lawyer? does the kid have a background of breaking and entering? so much to be asked and a good detective will work it out..

Personally im not a detective but from that evidence alone, the crime isnt solved.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#6New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 16:52:28
Wait...I'm confused. Was the 15 year old who got shot attempting to break into someone's house at the time?
lesfox719 On July 17, 2009

Bowling Green, Kentucky
#7New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 16:55:41
@vizzy Said
Wait...I'm confused. Was the 15 year old who got shot attempting to break into someone's house at the time?

That it was it appeared to be. But more over it is starting to look like someone paid him to break into that particular house, and the person who paid him knew the person who shot him. And he was beat up shortly before being shot, according to the autopsy report. And the guy calling his lawyer just looks so suspicious. Its so foggy the more I learn of it. I just don't want to think that someone killed a 15 year old out of anger or for money. And I really don't want them to get away with it if they did.
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#8New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 16:59:29
@lesfox719 Said
That it was it appeared to be. But more over it is starting to look like someone paid him to break into that particular house, and the person who paid him knew the person who shot him. And he was beat up shortly before being shot, according to the autopsy report. And the guy calling his lawyer just looks so suspicious. Its so foggy the more I learn of it. I just don't want to think that someone killed a 15 year old out of anger or for money. And I really don't want them to get away with it if they did.

I would say that the more you find out, the detective is probably already aware of it.
mousebox On February 04, 2022

Tickle Harbour, Canada
#9New Post! Apr 08, 2008 @ 17:19:09
I'm sure it will be deliberated and tried in the press as usual.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs