Reading Festival 08 tickets!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:21:08
I think people are too uptight in this world.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:23:46
well im not getting on your case JMO but take glastonbury for example where capacity officially was 150 thousand people but because people rammed the fences it became 300 thousand, locals complained because all the roads were blocked up and all thier stuff was stolen, and the festival had to make radical change in order to continue. Its been going for donkeys years, its a british tradition in music. Its just a shame that arseholes totally ruined it.

What i am saying is, sure some people turn up and bribed thier way in and as soon as word got out all the trash came and literally ruined it for everyone else.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#33New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:26:48
to me that means the locals we're too uptight.

I think the issue here is that people care about stuff too much, generally.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:27:34
can you imagine an influx of 300 thousand people into a village on one day?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#35New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:29:49
It's easy to think everyone is too uptight and things should be cheaper or free when you're a teenager and have no responsibilities in life.

I love how it's called "uptight" when people get upset about mass looting, property destruction, etc. They're being "uptight" until it's all of your s*** that gets stolen and destroyed.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#36New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:31:17
@treebee Said

I reckon if that happened here I could try and make some money out of that.

Then again, T in the Park is just down the road from me.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#37New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:35:14
@jmo Said
I still think me getting in cheaper isn't going to make the slightest difference.

My conscience is clear.

I've worked in two industries which fall foul of these so-called "victim-less crimes".

I worked in retail, where the shoplifter's refrain is "but they are insured". I managed a store. My wage was directly linked to such things as store revenues, and shrink. Shrink is loss through theft, among other things. If my shrink was too high for any given month, I took a hit in my wages. On a couple of occasions I lost high value sales, because an item had been stolen - meaning the inventory didn't update, and an order wasn't placed. Now tell me that's a victimless f***ing crime.

Now I work in the software industry. We have thousands of people working day and night to create products. We have thousands of sales people selling the products. We have thousands of people in support and managerial roles. Many are on direct commission plans, all are on performance linked bonus plans. Software piracy reduces sales, and individual incomes reduce. Sales get hit hard enough, sales people and developers are laid off. Now tell me that's a victimless f***ing crime.

Victimless crime my ass. You're looking out for yourself, and screw everyone else. I hope you get caught, in all honesty.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#38New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:49:09
@treebee Said

Note for Americans, and other aliens. Glastonbury has a population of about 9,000 at any other time of the year.

Can you even imagine what it's like having a town's population swell by more than three thousand percent? More than that, the newcomers basically don't give a damn about the town, because they don't need to be there for more than a few days. Alcohol is flowing freely, and everyone is out to have a "good time". Unfortunately "good time" to many in the group consists of being complete a*****es to anyone around them, because they think it's funny to "cut loose". Not all, but enough to cause havoc for an otherwise quiet small town.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 20:55:06
its made it near on impossible to go to the festival now, which is a terrible shame.

I was incredibly lucky when i went, some locals put us in a good field where everyone was considerate. I would dread to think what it was like before the wall was up.

I think the locals are incredibly patient with the festival. If it was my town i dunno if i would be so understanding.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs