The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Art & Literature:
Performing Arts

breaking into the acting industry (how do ppl do it?)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bigantfromnyc On June 15, 2009

BRONX, New York
#1New Post! Apr 04, 2008 @ 05:04:45
im interested in acting and i think i have a decent amount of talent and im looking to build on it, but i know theres alot more to acting than just having talent i want to hear from ppl wat u think some good strategies r in relation to becoming a successful mainstream actor
vaboom On July 29, 2009

Oakland,
#2New Post! Apr 15, 2008 @ 16:58:29
Take some acting classes, because teachers are a good resource for referrals, and just start auditioning for as many plays/movies/whatever as you can. Start with community plays and then work up to commercials or student films. The more you do, the more you will be exposed to, and the more you'll learn and grow. You can usually find auditions online if you look.
Good luck!
harryfielder On December 29, 2010

Watford, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 23, 2008 @ 06:05:49
I started with doing two days extra work in 1966...

I stayed in the biz for the next 32 years..(and got a good living)

Aitch UK
susanholt On May 05, 2008

Las Vegas, Nevada
#4New Post! May 01, 2008 @ 16:20:01
@bigantfromnyc Said
im interested in acting and i think i have a decent amount of talent and im looking to build on it, but i know theres alot more to acting than just having talent i want to hear from ppl wat u think some good strategies r in relation to becoming a successful mainstream actor

Audition for local community theatre to get something to put on your resume. Get a GOOD, professional headshot. Read everything you can on the craft of acting. Build your resume, even with non-paying jobs. Be an extra just to get a feel of how the industry works. DO NOT think that being an extra will lead to anything. It probably won't. Just learn from the experience. Take classes continually.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs