The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

philosophy meets me late at night in the dark of my living room, part 1.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
lastmansac On July 02, 2008

The Great Southern Rat, Austra
#1New Post! Apr 01, 2008 @ 11:12:26
Okay, so i was watchin GITS:SAC last night, the episode named, curiously enough, Stand Alone Complex, i watch it, not bad, heard most of the concepts before.
Anyway, two things.
1. Do you think it is possible that copycapts (or rather people that emulate others actions for the sake of the same goal) can be created without the original "subject" being around?
2. What creats individualism, or sustains it, or ends it? No refering any stuff from socialogical journals, just straight goddamn talk.
Thanks.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 01, 2008 @ 19:37:12
Well with the copycats, a lot of people who commit "copycat" crimes have never met the "original" perp, they may have read about them somewhere or heard about it from someone but also, there are only a finite number of ways to ,let's say, kill someone so, what appears to be a copycat (both murderers stab single women in their beds?) may infact be coincidence. So yes, it is possible to copycat without the original subject being around.

I know this is nothing to do with crime but it's a good example. This works for a lot of things, where you've never met someone but can be said to be copying them by doing/saying/thinking the same way.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013