US Elections

Bush endorses John McCain for president

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#16New Post! Mar 06, 2008 @ 00:17:15
... I guess there is a reason to accept Bush's endorsement, but still... what about the Republicans who hate Bush, what will they think of that?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#17New Post! Mar 06, 2008 @ 00:20:22
I don't think they care either way. Bush has to endorse McCain.
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#18New Post! Mar 06, 2008 @ 00:28:25
I guess it's not like they have any other choice at this point anyway.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#19New Post! Mar 06, 2008 @ 12:08:05
@operaghost Said
WASHINGTON - President Bush endorsed Republican nominee-in-waiting John McCain on Wednesday, two bitter rivals from the 2000 presidential race joining together now in hopes of preventing Democrats from winning the White House this fall.

Rest of the article: https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080305/ap_on_el_pr/bush_mccain;_ylt=Am6v4MrGNEfhOTKvMH1lwFKs0NUE

it just the nature of the game. they beat one another up but for awhile, but all return to the party. gop endorsing gop, ngd!

Deleted

Emerald City,
#20New Post! Mar 06, 2008 @ 12:09:48
@diomedes Said
... I guess there is a reason to accept Bush's endorsement, but still... what about the Republicans who hate Bush, what will they think of that?

Bush is not on the ticket. McCain is not Bush, but McCain has issues of his own to overcome.
creature420 On March 09, 2008

munhall, Pennsylvania
#21New Post! Mar 09, 2008 @ 02:31:41
McCain doesn't even act like Bush is alive

Deleted

Emerald City,
#22New Post! Mar 09, 2008 @ 12:53:59
When Bush was running aganist McCain the first time Bush hurt McCain feelings in SC, claiming that McCains wife was on drugs, well not Bush himself but his people. McCain mentioned it at a debate, but Bush came back and proved that McCain himself had said some untrue things about George, that wound has not healed.

McCain is a hot head.
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#23New Post! Mar 10, 2008 @ 16:24:49
I'm wondering what it is that makes people lean toward the demarcate side. Bigger government. pay more taxes, Lose more freedoms, send more jobs out of the country. I'm trying to figure out the upside, but I keep getting pulled back down.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#24New Post! Mar 10, 2008 @ 16:28:53
@familygirl Said
I'm wondering what it is that makes people lean toward the demarcate side. Bigger government. pay more taxes, Lose more freedoms, send more jobs out of the country. I'm trying to figure out the upside, but I keep getting pulled back down.

One of the biggest is that people are tired of seeing the US spend billions of dollars on a war they don't agree with, and the Republicans (McCain at the moment) are keen on continuing it for an indefinite period.

Another is that, while under Clinton we had 8 years of relative stability and a shrinking deficit, under Bush we're spiraling into a major recession and have a deficit that is ballooning to massive proportions and putting us further and further into debt to China.

People are also interested in universal health care, increased gun control, gay and lesbian rights, the environment, etc, and these are issues the Republican camp largely ignores or actively attempts to squash.

And oh by the way, the Republicans haven't had a program of smaller government and lower taxes since Reagan.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#25New Post! Mar 10, 2008 @ 16:30:31
their is no upside to the left, but it was a carefully thought out plan by the left. continue to get in the way, continue to do the things we are seeing them do and BANG with the help of the mainstream media it looks like the GOP are the bad guys. we may take a hard hit this cycle, but once the truth is none the left is sunk. look at the promises the left just made and ask did they keep it. look at the tax increase that was floated around the house recently and ask who pays and who benefits. look at the war, on and on
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#26New Post! Mar 10, 2008 @ 16:33:08
That's what scared me, When the dems get back in how much damage won't beable to be undone?
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Mar 10, 2008 @ 16:34:24
@treetopflyer Said
their is no upside to the left, but it was a carefully thought out plan by the left. continue to get in the way, continue to do the things we are seeing them do and BANG with the help of the mainstream media it looks like the GOP are the bad guys. we may take a hard hit this cycle, but once the truth is none the left is sunk. look at the promises the left just made and ask did they keep it. look at the tax increase that was floated around the house recently and ask who pays and who benefits. look at the war, on and on

You seem extremely leftist.

The left is invested in the defeat of the country, do you actually believe the left wants america to fail? Or does it just maybe have a different path to success than you do?

Deleted

Emerald City,
#28New Post! Mar 10, 2008 @ 16:35:50
the GOP has some skilled folks, so for the main issues the right can keep things under control. it's all in the numbers, in the senate it takes 60 to stop debate, so we must work in that area, not the race for the WH, work for the the right in congress.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs