Forums: Science:
Sociology

Couple questions regarding Sociology + Culture

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
pudpro On June 25, 2008

vancouver, Canada
#1New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 21:11:16
I'm having trouble coming up with a justifiable answer for a couple of questions. No need to expand on an answer, just indentify it please. You don't have to answer all of them, the one you feel most strongly about is alright with me.

1. Identifiy one element of character and one of responsibility that North American culture attaches to the role of adolescents.

2. How has the family's role as an agent of socialization changed over the past 50 years?

3. What role does the family play in youth probability.
greyguitar On July 28, 2010

#2New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 21:18:05
@pudpro Said
I'm having trouble coming up with a justifiable answer for a couple of questions. No need to expand on an answer, just indentify it please. You don't have to answer all of them, the one you feel most strongly about is alright with me.

1. Identifiy one element of character and one of responsibility that North American culture attaches to the role of adolescents.

2. How has the family's role as an agent of socialization changed over the past 50 years?

3. What role does the family play in youth probability.

I can't answer the first one completely as I am unsure exactly what you are looking for. But as for the others, I'll try.

2) The family's role in socialization has changed by changing hands. We rely on other institutions to socialize our kids, ie. schools, churches, daycare...etc. Not to mention the media.

3) I think that the roll has been minimized and shifted to where kids are some what adrift in their family units. Again, I am a little unsure what you mean by probability, but I am trying to answer as much as I can.
pudpro On June 25, 2008

vancouver, Canada
#3New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 21:32:06
Thanks.

Yeah, the questions are kind of difficult to understand. That's pretty much why I came here for some help.
pudpro On June 25, 2008

vancouver, Canada
#4New Post! Feb 19, 2008 @ 21:42:51
I just have to be prepared to expand on my answers for those questions. I'm fairly sure I can cover the #2 and #3, but #1 just has me stumped. I could really use some help with that one.
greyguitar On July 28, 2010

#5New Post! Feb 20, 2008 @ 15:26:51
Yeah, I've been thinking about it.

An element of character is that kids are expected to be mature. It's almost as if their responsibility is to be mature. There is nothing strictly across the board that is placed onto kids, but I feel that more and more kids are expected to know what they want from life earlier and earlier. They are expected to maintain a grown up facade even while trying to grow up.
I thought back to my sociology classes yesterday and I kinda remembered what my teacher was looking for from us. I didn't ever think that there was right and wrong answers, just answers that help to illuminate the world, so all view points were valid. That may not be what your teacher is after, but I hope that I helped even a bit.
pq On December 03, 2011

Deleted

Gainesville, Florida
#6New Post! Apr 16, 2008 @ 05:43:22
1) Time management? Self-motivation?

2) It use to be that the family was tightly knit. The family depended mainly on each other for help. Now help can be gotten outward.

3) The family is the corner of person's being. They learn at an early age the direction they are expected to go and they learn how to be a father/mother by how their mom/dad was with them.
protiusmime On February 02, 2011

, California
#7New Post! May 18, 2008 @ 05:46:09

The best way to establish the value of anything is to have created it with our own hands. When we stop being producers and we stop experiencing productivity, we become consumers and practice consumption. An unforseen and sad thing happens. We lose the very important ability to establish value. The best way to establish correct personal and social values is for families to present to children the best form of afffidavit. It comprises the father's and mother's personal attention to character building... by instruction, by example, by their own hands.
Society is only as good as the people in it. Are we shocked when autrocities against humanity occur? These don't happen suddenly, or else even the evil person would say it is evil. Great autrocities happen through subtle minute compromises over time, for plausible reasons. So... social change, whether for the good or for evil, happens slowly and it starts in the home.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs