Society & Lifestyles

Driving... a right or a privilege

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#16New Post! Feb 18, 2008 @ 19:15:03
What annoys me most is when people act big and bad in their cars and you KNOW if you were to see them in, say the supermarket, they would never have the balls to pull the same attitude. In cars, people will flip you off, ride your bumper, cut you off. It's like they lose the ability to think like a decent human being when they have a wheel in their hand.

, Florida
#17New Post! Feb 18, 2008 @ 19:15:27
But let's not blame BMW. I'm rather fond of them
lovedogs On February 26, 2008

Leitrim, Ireland
#18New Post! Feb 26, 2008 @ 15:54:04
I guess it depends on your circumstances. I live in a pretty remote place, no public transport so I would be lost without my car. I need it to go shopping, visit surgery, post office and what not. Without my car i would be totally stranded if!!! I get your point. Why I had to drive home one night (Freezing flog) With a nasty so-and-so stuck against the back of my car, full beams on. There was no visibility and the minute I found a safe place to park I did and let him go past? Well imagine when minutes later I heard a big noise? Yes it was nasty s-and-so racing (Remember no visibility) Had crashed against a tractor! To me it is not so much a case of a right or a privilege but!!! Courtesy to other drivers, show a little more respect and when feeling like racing because one's car has a powerful engine ... Do so but safely and not on public roads
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Feb 26, 2008 @ 15:57:10
@vizzy Said
What annoys me most is when people act big and bad in their cars and you KNOW if you were to see them in, say the supermarket, they would never have the balls to pull the same attitude. In cars, people will flip you off, ride your bumper, cut you off. It's like they lose the ability to think like a decent human being when they have a wheel in their hand.

It's a corollary of the greater internet f***wad thereom, as posted by Jonnythan -

Driving offers just enough anonymity, combined with near certainty that there will no ramifications for one's actions.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Feb 26, 2008 @ 15:57:19
Driving is a priviledge. And anyone who treats it as a right, are the ones who cause accidents.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Feb 26, 2008 @ 15:58:53
Can I point out that no one that has ever said -

"The police should be out catching real criminals, not handing out tickets"

has any right whatsoever to complain in this thread?

, Florida
#22New Post! Feb 26, 2008 @ 16:09:49
@stumblinthrulife Said
It's a corollary of the greater internet f***wad thereom, as posted by Jonnythan -

Driving offers just enough anonymity, combined with near certainty that there will no ramifications for one's actions.

I like it!

I would like to have a little hand held flip chart when I'm driving. I would have different words or sayings on each page that I could flash at pain in the a** drivers. One page may simply say "a*****e." Another page may declare, "SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT." Maybe another would say, "OH, I AM SO DAMN IMPRESSED BY YOU AND YOUR MAD SKILLS (read with sarcasm)" You get the idea.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs