Good and Evil

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Feb 14, 2008 @ 16:53:32
@drgoofymofo Said
I am sorry I didn't mean to offend you I was just trying to add some clarifacation. I enjoyed you adding in your point and Would hope to hear more

sorry, i shoudnt be so touchy. i do appologise.
i feel that everyone is capable of evil and everyone is capable of good and its how we interpret that ability and what we do with it. but also what is good to you may be evil to me.
henry_ireton On May 27, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Feb 14, 2008 @ 16:59:02
@6dark6dreams6 Said
Only that which hurts another person? so harming anything else is fine? And it also brings up the question; if the person who was harmed deserved it, is it ok then? Or self defense? Which then brings the law into it, and a lot people define what is evil around the bases of whats legal and whats not.

Exactly, it all comes down to definition which varies from person to person, society to society.
6dark6dreams6 On August 19, 2010

hereford, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Feb 14, 2008 @ 17:12:46
@henry_ireton Said
Exactly, it all comes down to definition which varies from person to person, society to society.

So evil is really just going against the individual's morals?
drgoofymofo On September 12, 2011

Council Bluffs, Iowa
#34New Post! Feb 14, 2008 @ 17:30:09
One arguement states that good and evil are a blueprint Of our being The chinese state that it is just the natural order of things.

Another arguement States That genictic engineering put the terms of right and wrong in us. And it is reiforced by Persuasion. and brute force esculation makes us accept rulers.

There is also we grow the knowledge throw pain, and happyness.

Another states it is justice or fairness that governs what is right and wrong.

There is an argument which I find interesting that evil is derived from good for example greed is showing you want to better yourself which is good but at the expensive of others is bad. Trying to get the truth is good but torchering someone for it is not.

I gave some examples of the opposition on which this thread is so far leaning. If anyone thinks one of these is a cool Idea feel free and try and argue it and see what happens.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Feb 14, 2008 @ 17:33:16
like working for charity, so you can feel good about yourself, but is that really evil?

Its a cop out answer but i stick with nature nurture as to what we feel is good and evil.

Council Bluffs, Iowa
#36New Post! Feb 14, 2008 @ 17:49:59
Alot of times you are doing it to make you feel good and other times it is to improve what others think of you. It is not evil persay but it is always not in the best interest like to right off on your taxes, to get into a better school, To better what others may think of you. To show PRIDE in what you are doing. I guess what I am saying is alot of times your not working for a charity for the right reasons your doing it because you feel you need to for outside reasons that are not always the most benevolent
6dark6dreams6 On August 19, 2010

hereford, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Feb 14, 2008 @ 17:56:21
Quote:
There is an argument which I find interesting that evil is derived from good for example greed is showing you want to better yourself which is good but at the expensive of others is bad. Trying to get the truth is good but torchering someone for it is not.

Kind of turning what could potentially be something good into something bad?
shadowy On March 20, 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Feb 15, 2008 @ 02:51:29
@treebee Said
like working for charity, so you can feel good about yourself, but is that really evil?

Its a cop out answer but i stick with nature nurture as to what we feel is good and evil.

Does anyone ever do anything that is not to make themselves feel good?

Council Bluffs, Iowa
#39New Post! Feb 15, 2008 @ 13:51:42
@shadowy Said
Does anyone ever do anything that is not to make themselves feel good?

Good point
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs