AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#91New Post! Feb 02, 2008 @ 19:51:22
@treetopflyer Said
His personal biases, etc.. are his. I get to make my own mind up

Of course, of course. I'm just counseling that you seek a view of the left from someone not identified as being right wing.

It's more important to listen the people that disagree with you than the people that agree with you. Even if it's less comfortable.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#92New Post! Feb 02, 2008 @ 20:00:15
@stumblinthrulife Said
Of course, of course. I'm just counseling that you seek a view of the left from someone not identified as being right wing.

It's more important to listen the people that disagree with you than the people that agree with you. Even if it's less comfortable.

I disagree, I listen to people who agree with me which cause me to explore and read more. I listen to learn , to see if by ideas hold merit, and if I'm on the right track.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#93New Post! Feb 02, 2008 @ 20:06:36
@treetopflyer Said
I disagree, I listen to people who agree with me which cause me to explore and read more. I listen to learn , to see if by ideas hold merit, and if I'm on the right track.

Do you read and learn about ideas that challenge your own?

If you do not, how do you determine that they do not hold merit?
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#94New Post! Feb 02, 2008 @ 21:28:47
@stumblinthrulife Said
Well, the decider would be your thoughts on welfare and the like.

If you are strongly pro-welfare, socialized health services, etc, etc.. then I'd class you as socially liberal, fiscally conservative. It's actually pretty common among young people.

Unfortunately the two don't mesh very well, since a socially liberal program requires big government and high taxation - both somewhat counter to a conservative fiscal policy.

It's a real "have your cake and eat it" kind of politics.

If you're more for everyone having personal freedom and personal responsibility, which means freedom to fail as well as succeed, with small government and limited taxes then you're more of a libertarian. In a nutshell libertarians believe that governments should act only when completely necessary and for the most part should just stay the heck out of our lives.

Then I'm a libertarian
diomedes On March 22, 2013

Long Beach, California
#95New Post! Feb 02, 2008 @ 21:33:52
I think the "political" figure I share the most views with is Penn Jillette.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#96New Post! Feb 03, 2008 @ 00:42:50
@stumblinthrulife Said
Do you read and learn about ideas that challenge your own?

If you do not, how do you determine that they do not hold merit?

"Do you read and learn about ideas that challenge your own?"

Well, yes of course, is there really ant other way to do it. You form a premise, a thought, an idea, after that you search out to see if it holds merit or not.
the7thdimension On October 22, 2009

los angeles, California
#97New Post! Feb 03, 2008 @ 06:24:11
@jonnythan Said
Raditz is the perfect example of what I posted on page 1.

By the way, to all you "liberals"......

Hillary Clinton voted "YES" on the Patriot act in 2001. She voted "YES" again on its renewal in 2006.

i'm not liberal i just know that the patriot act is not a good thing for america. liberals and conservatives only appear to be disagreeing. you'll find they tend to agree with each other on some very controversial issues.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#99New Post! Feb 03, 2008 @ 14:15:26
i never form a bias, a bias clouds the issue. i never agree or disagree fully. i look at the premise do research and look at every side, pros/cons, history. i do not limit my research to one person or one sourse. after i finish my research i go back and look at the issue from other views, and then a make a decision on what i have discovered.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#101New Post! Feb 03, 2008 @ 17:56:33
@the7thdimension Said
what research can you do besides scientific that is not clouded with bias. there are few politically unbiased sources.

However, unlike you I read several sources. I learned a long time ago how to read and that words have meaning. You it appears start from a bias premise and maintain same no matter how foolish it makes you appear.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#102New Post! Feb 04, 2008 @ 00:21:59
see id be useless at that sort of stuff, im extremely biased and the facts dont get in the way of a good story! i do like finding new things out though so really i should keep an eye on both sides of the stories
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs