AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#16New Post! Jan 31, 2008 @ 19:54:38
@treetopflyer Said
Why are they now doing background checks, expanded background checks on current employees. Established umps, if you will!

I remember back in Sept./Aug.07, there was an article in Time Magazine addressing this issue or one like it. I just can't find it.

They've always done rather rigorous background checks.

They have stepped up the background checks mostly to prevent an MLB fiasco similar to the NBA fiasco that happened last year with an official fixing games.

MLB cannot afford another controversy on top of all the steroids talk, so obviously they're going to take steps to make sure that doesn't happen.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#17New Post! Jan 31, 2008 @ 20:22:44
Seems to me they have afforded themslves another controversy. So, in trying to prevent a fiasco they have created a fine one.

If the umps go out on strike for example, if this issue seeing the light of day makes the fans mad, if the players side with the umps, MLB is once again in the hopper!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jan 31, 2008 @ 20:24:54
I would like to think that "most" people who put themselves up for a position of authority do so because they have a tendency to be impartial and stick to the rules. It makes me shudder to think that some may purposely put themselves in an authority position simply to abuse it. I live in la la land though

Deleted

Emerald City,
#19New Post! Jan 31, 2008 @ 20:34:53
I guess you could look at this another way if you wanted to. Did MLB plan this to take people's attention off of the juicing issue for a minute.

Why would they want to cause this stinks right in the middle of the juicing issue?

Well....?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#20New Post! Jan 31, 2008 @ 20:35:37
@treetopflyer Said
I guess you could look at this another way if you wanted to. Did MLB plan this to take people's attention off of the juicing issue for a minute.

Why would they want to cause this stinks right in the middle of the juicing issue?

Well....?

I don't think MLB planned for the background checks to get turned into a national media story by Jesse Jackson.

It appears to be nothing more than a minor blip on the news radar, though. Most sports news sources aren't giving it much, if any, attention.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#21New Post! Feb 01, 2008 @ 15:00:10
@jonnythan Said
I don't think MLB planned for the background checks to get turned into a national media story by Jesse Jackson.

It appears to be nothing more than a minor blip on the news radar, though. Most sports news sources aren't giving it much, if any, attention.

We'll see with the Super Bowl Sunday focus is on it. Once the MLB seasons opens, we'll see!

I hope it does go away, but MLB may have opened a can of worms the'll find hard to close
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs