Capital Punishment...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#166New Post! Feb 07, 2008 @ 07:42:30
Death penalty is the easy way out, if your facing you whole life in prison, there isnt much point in living is there?
So I think the death penalty should be abolished.
imb4u2 On May 23, 2008

Hamilton, Canada
#167New Post! Feb 10, 2008 @ 20:34:05
@garfunkel Said
I don't agree with the death penalty at all. I've stated my reasons why in many other threads.

Who are we to decided whether one person should live or die?! Who are we to play 'god' so to speak?! What makes us above people and gives us the voice whether or not someone has the right to live?! What about all the innocent people who have been convicted of a crime they did not commit and then have been put to death?! Wheres the justification in that? Its a bit hypocritical to kill someone who has killed someone to show society that killing is wrong.

Quote:
Who are we to decided whether one person should live or die
And who are they, the murderers who decide that their victims die NOW.
Quote:
What makes us above people and gives us the voice whether or not someone has the right to live?!

I guess that'd have to be answered that we never took the life of an innocent person.

Quote:
Its a bit hypocritical to kill someone who has killed someone to show society that killing is wrong

No, it's to prevent the a*****e from doing it again and for punishment for doing it then and to prevent some other a*****e from doing it the first time
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#168New Post! Feb 10, 2008 @ 20:35:53
it seems the prevention part is not working
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#169New Post! Feb 10, 2008 @ 20:48:10
Quote:
it seems the prevention part is not working

Maybe it is. Maybe there would be alot more heinous crimes if there wasn't an impending death sentence for such crimes.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#170New Post! Feb 10, 2008 @ 22:53:31
@calonso Said
Maybe it is. Maybe there would be alot more heinous crimes if there wasn't an impending death sentence for such crimes.

Maybe, I don't know so i can not disagree.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#171New Post! Feb 10, 2008 @ 22:55:02
@calonso Said

There isn't a death penalty lots of places.

Doesn't seem to have any deterrent effect whatsoever when the death penalty is abolished somewhere.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#172New Post! Feb 10, 2008 @ 22:58:30
@jonnythan Said
There isn't a death penalty lots of places.

Doesn't seem to have any deterrent effect whatsoever when the death penalty is abolished somewhere. [/quote

It would interesting to compare the murder rate to those states that have done away with CP and those who have not.

Does that play a factor?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#173New Post! Feb 10, 2008 @ 23:13:02
@treetopflyer Said
It would interesting to compare the murder rate to those states that have done away with CP and those who have not.

Not really. Wouldn't tell you much of anything important.

The existence of capital punishment can be expected to have an entirely negligible impact on the murder rate compared to other factors, mostly socioeconomic.

Deleted

Emerald City,
#174New Post! Feb 10, 2008 @ 23:16:13
@jonnythan Said
Not really. Wouldn't tell you much of anything important.

The existence of capital punishment can be expected to have an entirely negligible impact on the murder rate compared to other factors, mostly socioeconomic.

I came away thinking the same thing. I do not think CP stops a thing. Some people just aren't fit to live in society. Life behund bars, CP, our prison are going to remain full
lexxel On March 22, 2009

adelaide, Australia
#175New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 04:15:16
The death penaly doesnt stop it from happening, I beleive the likes of people like Charles Manson, Ivan millat and many more people to their degrees of crime should have the this type of sentence.

However, cause the system can be flawed and documented history has shown a government who actually committs frauduelant case against people, I am not a supporter of the death penalty. To execute a innocent person would be unforgivable.

There is no prevention of malicious acts of these in nature from occuring due to essences of greed, power and wealth. There is some truth in some cases where a persons life would have been moulded into something else if they had positive people within their lives.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs