Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#31New Post! Sep 24, 2005 @ 02:28:00
@wristband2 Said
I believe that there are areas that are completely overpopulated. On another hand, there are areas in many countries where there isn't a soul for miles. Eastern Europe, central US, many areas in South America and Africa, etc. If it ever gets too bad (which things are close to in some countries) I think a global relocation plan should be made by all the govenments of the world.

First, you are right that there are areas on the world that don't have a dense human population. There reasons for that. Mostly that the areas are either giant agribusiness farms or the land is not able to support a higher population. There isn't rule that says that there has to people on every sq.acre of land on the earth. What we need to happen is to have the areas that are lightly populated to increase to take pressure off our resources.

Also, I feel that animals have the same inherent right to exist as we do, and if we continue to grow or "relocate" populations, our already stressed wildlife habitats will just break down.

Also, regarding transplanting people to low population area, well that may be a nice thought, but there are a bunch of social and political problems that that may cause.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs