Forums: Politics:
US Elections

Health care reform.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#1New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 19:15:34
Different politicians have different views on this. I am afraid for the government to take over this issue because that has already proven to not work so well.
Romney has instituted his idea in his state and it sounds good laid out on paper but i'm worried it might turn out to be another one of those deals that look good on paper but in reality not so much. hince the no child left behind act.
I hate to think of another insurance I have to pay weather I use it or not. Like my car insurance. I can only drive one car at a time and because my husband has some kind of freaking car fedish we have 5 freaking vehicles on our insurance. so I have to carry a policy on each on. I have been driving for about 18 years and have yet to have a insuance claim. Do you know how many brand new cars I could have bought with money I handed over to my car insurance company? I just think there is no good solutioin, and I'm tired of giving away my hard earned money.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#2New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 19:52:52
https://jmchar.people.wm.edu/Kin493/socmed.html

The term Socialized Medicine is used to describe a system of publicly administered national health care. This system can range from programs in which the government runs hospitals and health organizations to programs in which there is national universal health care. Although, these programs are often associated with communist run countries, every Western Country except the United States has some form of socialized medicine. England has had a socialized program since 1948. That year, the country passed the National Health Service Act, which provided free physician and hospital services for all citizens. Recently, the program has been amended to include small fees for doctor services; however, the concept is still intact.

In the United States, public opinion has been slow to accept socialized medicine, often on the grounds that the program will be costly and will lessen the quality of patient care. These sentiments were especially visible during the Clinton Administration's failed attempt to implement a national health care plan. Despite these feelings, many grass roots and non-profit organizations advocating universal health care have been formed in the last half decade. At the same time, numerous organizations promoting a public health care system have lobbied congress in an effort to keep medicine in its current state. This has led to a potential political battle which our country will be forced to deal with in the coming decades.
imb4u2 On May 23, 2008

Hamilton, Canada
#3New Post! Jan 15, 2008 @ 02:29:00
@familygirl Said
Different politicians have different views on this. I am afraid for the government to take over this issue because that has already proven to not work so well.
Romney has instituted his idea in his state and it sounds good laid out on paper but i'm worried it might turn out to be another one of those deals that look good on paper but in reality not so much. hince the no child left behind act.
I hate to think of another insurance I have to pay weather I use it or not. Like my car insurance. I can only drive one car at a time and because my husband has some kind of freaking car fedish we have 5 freaking vehicles on our insurance. so I have to carry a policy on each on. I have been driving for about 18 years and have yet to have a insuance claim. Do you know how many brand new cars I could have bought with money I handed over to my car insurance company? I just think there is no good solutioin, and I'm tired of giving away my hard earned money.

In Canada health care is universal
In the States the population of Canada is without ANY health insurance.
I have used the Medical care here and have found it to be slower than in the States but then, if I get Cancer tomorrow I know I'll be taken care of promptly and without cost to me.
If I were in the States and didn't have any medical insurance and got Cancer I'd have to rely on social security & Medicade which I've heard is base care and only pays part of the bill, leaving the patient destitute.
We pay higher rates of taxes here to support health care and Old Age pensions but then if you look at it from the light that we will all get old and we will all get sick so we are merely prepaying these things.

Think of this. My Bro In Mpls got cancer. he was treated partly by socisl security and partly by a medical plan his wife had at work.
I saw one of the bills for 4 days of outpatient treatment (except for 1 day in the hosp)he had radiation treatment and an MRI to further check.
The bill for that was over 22,000 bux. Could you afford that? By the way, this was the tail end of treatment--- he died 3 weeks later. the total bill for lung cancer was well over $150,000. Could yoy u afford that????????
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#4New Post! Jan 15, 2008 @ 05:31:28
@imb4u2 Said
In Canada health care is universal
In the States the population of Canada is without ANY health insurance.
I have used the Medical care here and have found it to be slower than in the States but then, if I get Cancer tomorrow I know I'll be taken care of promptly and without cost to me.
If I were in the States and didn't have any medical insurance and got Cancer I'd have to rely on social security & Medicade which I've heard is base care and only pays part of the bill, leaving the patient destitute.
We pay higher rates of taxes here to support health care and Old Age pensions but then if you look at it from the light that we will all get old and we will all get sick so we are merely prepaying these things.

Think of this. My Bro In Mpls got cancer. he was treated partly by socisl security and partly by a medical plan his wife had at work.
I saw one of the bills for 4 days of outpatient treatment (except for 1 day in the hosp)he had radiation treatment and an MRI to further check.
The bill for that was over 22,000 bux. Could you afford that? By the way, this was the tail end of treatment--- he died 3 weeks later. the total bill for lung cancer was well over $150,000. Could yoy u afford that????????

You say it's at "no cost to you," but then you say you're pre-paying for it.
treetopflyer On March 19, 2008

Deleted

Emerald City,
#5New Post! Jan 15, 2008 @ 11:57:23
And most of then come here for their care!
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#6New Post! Jan 15, 2008 @ 15:45:02
@treetopflyer Said
And most of then come here for their care!

Only when they don't want to wait six months.
imb4u2 On May 23, 2008

Hamilton, Canada
#7New Post! Jan 16, 2008 @ 00:36:26
About 1 % of Ill Canadians are treated in the States and the National health care system pays for most of it. If the wait will be too long here and the treatment is available there AND it is an item covered under our medical plan-- the system will allow them to go and pay for their hotel stays and also for their caregiver's.
Then there are the rich who can afford 15,000 bux to have a scar removed from their stomach go there. we also have private clinics covered under the plan--MRI, some outpatient operations and stuff like colonoscopys.
We also have a lot of Americans who come here for Laser eye surgery because the going rate here is abnout 700 bux instead of the 2 or 3 grand that the US doctors charge. The Lasic eye clinic in Hamilton & toronto charge %00 Bux an eye (starting at 500)
imb4u2 On May 23, 2008

Hamilton, Canada
#8New Post! Jan 21, 2008 @ 17:24:35
@raditz8526 Said
You say it's at "no cost to you," but then you say you're pre-paying for it.

I'm a senior citizen and I said no cost to me because that's what it costs me.
Prepayed it------------------------- no matter what your politicians tell you there is no such thing as a free lunch.

The nice thing about universal medical care is that you don't have to go to an ER to get treatment when you are sick. We are currently short of family doctors but that's because we train then in the various medical universitys at great expense to the Canadian Taxpayer and after they graduate they are recruited by foreign institutions. There should be a mandatory 10 years of practice in Canada after which they could go to Timbuctoo if they wanted. This would be a way of repaying the taxpayer for their support during the education period.
imb4u2 On May 23, 2008

Hamilton, Canada
#9New Post! Jan 21, 2008 @ 17:30:19
@familygirl Said

Quote:
Do you know how many brand new cars I could have bought with money I handed over to my car insurance company?

Likely about 1 car
Do you how many cars you could buy with the money your Ins Co would pay out if your foot slipped off the brake pedal as you approached a bunch of people on a cross walk-------------or even 1 person Jaywalking? about 50 or 75.
Do you know how many cars your HMO can buy with the billions they suck out of the public by refusing medical claims?
Chil On January 13, 2011

, Canada
#10New Post! Jan 12, 2011 @ 04:44:54
Only thing I can think of is to learn to repair the cars yourself, not too good but best I can think of.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs