Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#16New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 13:17:51
@treacle Said
Imo? I think we should cut out supermarkets all together.

Lets buy aour bread from a bakers and our meat from a butchers etc. Dont let them have business. Whats the betting people become healthier and obese problems irradicate?

The only way to do that is to find out how progress and growth resulted in the development of supermarkets, then reverse that process. I'm not sure if everybody will agree on that.
autumnsmama On March 09, 2009

Cambridge, Canada
#17New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 13:21:12
I'm a cashier, and I am honestly shocked at the amount of junk food and frozen dinners people ring through. No word of a lie, I had one person come in just before Christmas and rang up close to a hundred bucks in chips alone. Makes me sick to my stomach just to think about it.
I'm the type of person who prefers to eat 6 or 8 snacks a day, instead of 3 meals. So, I want to eat something like an apple, an orange, a sandwich, small things. Meals don't sit well. I would prefer light produce to munch on all day.
kayt On December 12, 2016
BoxBoxBox

Rockhampton, Australia
#18New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 13:23:44
@treacle Said
Imo? I think we should cut out supermarkets all together.

Lets buy aour bread from a bakers and our meat from a butchers etc. Dont let them have business. Whats the betting people become healthier and obese problems irradicate?

thats what we do anyway, but things are alot different around here than back where i come from in the UK.

the thing that gets me though, is after raising our own animals we know what they're fed on and how they're treated where as the chickens in a supermarket where most probably battery hens that won't lay any longer...
and then you have to pay a s***load for it... bonkers
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#19New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 13:35:10
Thing is guys, i was put off when i went to a factory that makes ready meals 2 years back.. the did all sort of meals, but they where no difference in the qulaity of the finest range to the basic tange.. it was the same food.. and to top it all the package was different for each shop but the contents came from the same Vat.
innit!

#20New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 14:15:26
A debate on the BBC forum going on at the moment, https://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?forumID=4032&edition=1&ttl=20080110141136 it suggests that the government will be putting a ban on battery farming by 2012, and free range eggs (possible chickens) will be a norm by then..

sounds like 3 days of Hugh an co. TV chefs could be turning a industry on its head in 5 years.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 14:19:54
@erlend Said
There are microwave burgers?

Yup. 70 seconds in a microwave and comes complete with a plastic square cheese slice
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 14:30:09
i watched the programas and i have to admit i did shed a tear when they killed chuffy. but good to know they have had him in the freezer for crimbo. i now will buy free range chickens. i have to say i am of the culture of 2 for a fiver. but i will make amends now i have seen that.
we already buy barn or free range eggs. we dont smoke, drink rarely at home cos we dont go to the pub very often. kids will be better off for eating healthier food.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 14:34:20
@trillian Said
i watched the programas and i have to admit i did shed a tear when they killed chuffy. but good to know they have had him in the freezer for crimbo. i now will buy free range chickens. i have to say i am of the culture of 2 for a fiver. but i will make amends now i have seen that.
we already buy barn or free range eggs. we dont smoke, drink rarely at home cos we dont go to the pub very often. kids will be better off for eating healthier food.

And thats what I think it comes down to. Being healthier. I cant help but wonder if these people that turn a blind eye actually give a crap what they are feeding their kids.

We as parents are supposed to proect our children from all manners of things.....why should this stop at what goes into our kids mouths?
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#24New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 14:38:54
@markfox01 Said
Last night was the last of Hugh's Chicken Run, which investigated if that is a true way of putting it, free range chickens vrs battery. Not being able to find a farm to help him, because it would have probably blown a bigger hole in the industry.. he made his own intensive farm and a free range one. Also he got a housing estate to look after there own chicken coup.

I really found this program exdorodinary, in fact it was a great social experiment at that. I have been eating organic food and free range chicken eggs and meat for over 2 years now. Its down to personal choice. to afford it i have cut back on alot of things.. beer, hookers, DVDS, stupidly expensive gadgets. The misses stopped smoking and is even T-total in a bid for us to eat more healthy and have good food.

But in the program and probably on this forum, there is argued that Organic and Freerange produce is too expensive.. Great scene last night was they where showing the video of the intensive farming in the pub... people smoking, drinking... saying things like Its too expensive.. well if you cut back on bad habits, i think you can afford a Freerange produce.. But itsjust that, people rather spend ?10 on microwave meals than on fruit and veg that you can make twice as much food from.

Free range stuff makes sense for the taste and welfare of the animal, happy animal = tastie meat which in turn = happy People. So the next time your necking 10 pints in onenight or smoking 40 a day.. just think that money could feed you and your family really good food that will improve your health and make your kids happy.

LMAO at hookers. I hope your wife never reads this.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 14:43:48
@iliterate_enginere Said
LMAO at hookers. I hope your wife never reads this.

He doesnt have a wife. Not suprising really
innit!

#26New Post! Jan 10, 2008 @ 17:09:12
@treacle Said
He doesnt have a wife. Not suprising really

I have a woman.. she may aswell be my wife.. she nags enough..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs