Forums:
Random

Math/Science or English/Social Studies

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#1New Post! Sep 10, 2005 @ 16:39:42
Were/are you more of a math and science person, or an English and social studies person?

I was just having a conversation about this with someone. I would prefer to sit down and do math homework, or read a chapter in a science textbook, than sit down and read about history, or write a poem about something I don't really care about.

To me, math homework is so much easier because it's either right or wrong, and if it's wrong, then you can fix it. You can be creative, but in a different way. You can come up with alternative ways of approaching the problem. Same thing with science.

I know history is important because we're still being affected by what happened thousands of years ago. But I just don't like it. I find it boring and annoying. English, I enjoy reading books, but I hate when I'm forced to read something. I'd rather read on my own time, analyze things the way I want to. And I hate how every test is an essay test. Same thing with social studies.

I have English and world history homework to do. I just can't bring myself to do it. Math and science alllll the way.
kyahbean On August 28, 2016

Williamstown, Massachusetts
#2New Post! Sep 10, 2005 @ 16:48:26
I like to take comfort in the fact that high school is behind me..and my college courses I have left are strictly hospitality...but I loved english...always hated history...
intoxsickated On October 21, 2006

Deleted

Suburbia Hell, California
#3New Post! Sep 10, 2005 @ 16:48:47
i would say english and social studies for me.

i love history, and find it fascinating! when i was younger i hated it! ever since college, i've found myself very curious and wanting to learn more about the past!
ladyellie On October 03, 2005

Potsdam, New York
#4New Post! Sep 10, 2005 @ 19:33:45
I'm more of an English and Social Studies girl, or at least I was in high school. I enjoyed learning about other cultures, and as long as we didn't have papers to write in English, I was fine with it. I especially enjoyed when my English teacher had us read Shakespearean plays, that was enjoyable. (Except when some kid who had the reading skills of a rock had to read. Then it was painful.)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs