The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Couple forced to take in criminal lodger after he tells court their house is HIS

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#1New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 18:53:29
Couple forced to take in criminal lodger after he tells court their house is HIS home address
Last updated at 01:34am on 20th December 2007

Comments Comments (90)
A convicted criminal has moved in with a married couple against their wishes after giving their address in court as his home.

Shane Sims, 19, has spent the last few days living with Brenda and Robert Cole after he was sentenced to a week's curfew for breaching a supervision order.

But the couple claim the first they knew about it was when Sims, a friend of their daughter, moved in on Thursday - followed by security contractors who put a box in a bedroom to monitor his movements with an ankle tag.

Scroll down for more...

Making himself at home: Shane Sims enjoys a cuppa with his 'hosts' Robert and Brenda Cole

Sims' tag keeps him indoors between 7pm and 7am much to the horror of the Coles, who both have learning difficulties.

Mrs Cole, 47, said: "It's turned our lives upside down.

"He's taken over the whole place. He sprawls across the sofa and he's always in the bathroom when you need it.

"It's an absolute disgrace. They've let a criminal come into our home and there is nothing we can do about it.

"How can he get away with giving false details? Can crooks pick anywhere they like and just move in? Who needs to break into a house when the courts will do it all for you?

"When the men turned up and installed the tag box, I thought it was some kind of a joke. I told them there had been a mistake but they just said it wasn't their problem."

Sims appeared before magistrates last Thursday where he admitted breaching a two-year supervision order imposed for assault.

Scroll down for more...

Comfy: Convicted criminal Shane Sims puts his feet up

He gave the Coles' Bristol address as his bail address but the Probation Service did not verify it.

Sims claims he was told he could stay by the Coles' 16-year-old daughter Tanya after he fell out with his father.

He allegedly told Mrs Cole: "I'm staying here until the tag's off. There's f**k all you can do about it. The courts have told me to."

The court said it was looking into the situation but police said they could not act without a court warrant.

Sims said: "I said 'I'll be gone before Christmas' and I will be. I can't see what the problem is. They keep changing their minds. I don't even want to be here."

A spokeswoman for South Gloucestershire Council, whose social workers care for Mr and Mrs Cole, said: "We are seeking legal advice and doing all we can to resolve the situation."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=503375&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&ct=5&expand=true#StartComments

I would have thrown this guy out along with the box the court placed inside my home.
MonkeyMadness On April 08, 2015
Lord of your mum

Big Tree, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 18:56:13
I wouldnt give a f*** what the court said, if that was my home then i say who f***ing lives there not them
tokuku On December 13, 2009

Auckland, New Zealand
#3New Post! Dec 20, 2007 @ 20:01:08
what a little scum bag...Robert Cole should have beat his skinny a** and throwen his body in a skip.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs