The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

I think it's called pressured relationship; how do I get out of it?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
guy_incognito On November 17, 2007

Placeville,
#1New Post! Nov 16, 2007 @ 23:50:08
I hope I'm making sense, since I don't really know a lot about this kind of stuff. I think I'm using the right word, pressured, but I'm a blissful idiot when it comes to this stuff. I was in a Christian school since 7th grade, and we didn't have dances or anything like that there. I'm in 9th grade right now if you'd like to know.

My friends convinced me to go to the Homecoming Dance (at least I think that's what it was called,) so I went, of course. [face_d'oh!] I just sat with my nerd friends (I'm a nerd too, so don't be offended ) most, if not all of, the time. Then our girl friends (not the compound word) made us get up and dance, so we did. Then one of them asked to slow dance with me. I thought nothing of it, since I don't really think of my friends with a gender; just friends, so I said ok. Then right after the song was done, she was acting all weird and stuff, which I (ob?liv?i?ous ? adjective) also thought nothing of. Then she started following me around and holding my hand, and laughing at nothing, etc., so then I realized what happened. was my first thought, I am sad to admit, since I don't like her, which I feel bad about. What do you think I should do to get out of this relationship? Btw, this is the shortest I could get the story, so if you want me to type the entire thing, I will if I must. Thanks! :D
double_d On November 23, 2007

Twin Lake,
#2New Post! Nov 17, 2007 @ 00:33:20
Here's a crazy thing to learn that most guys don't learn until much later (if ever). BE HONEST WITH HER. (Shock , I know). Don't be brutally honest (you can leave out the I don't like you bit), but tell her that having a girlfriend (compound word) is not something you're into right now. Tell her how important her friendship is, blah, blah, blah, and then put your money where your mouth is and actually make your friendship with her important (i.e. make sure she's invited to a group movie venture, study group, whatever). Hope that helps and doesn't get you slapped, which if she's nearly as mature as you seem to be, you won't. Good luck!
guy_incognito On November 17, 2007

Placeville,
#3New Post! Nov 17, 2007 @ 01:51:59
Thanks. I still want to be friends, I'm just not ready to have a girlfriend yet.
I do like her, just not that way. I kind of worded it badly, didn't I? I REALLY worded things badly, especially the last part. I am nervous and stupid with this stuff. As you know (I think,) I am confused over all this. And also, I use parenthesis too much
Thanks again!
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#4New Post! Nov 18, 2007 @ 00:01:43
So she thinks you guys are together just because you danced?
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#5New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 19:10:16
I think you'll find inviting her out on a romantic date and having a skywriter do a "you're dumped" message while your friends remove all the doors from her house is much more effective than anything else. This will prevent her from being one of those ones that wants to try and make it work out. Also make sure you get a video of it and post it on youtube for us to enjoy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs