Why losing is the stronger position, politically

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
politics On September 10, 2013

London`, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Nov 15, 2007 @ 19:33:11
@stumblinthrulife Said
Please clarify what you mean by this. I feel it may be out of context of my original point. Not to say that it is or is not correct, just outside of the scope of my original argument.

I guess for complete clarity, the heading of this post should be -

Losing - the stronger position in after the event debates?

in political conflict between the opposition and the power holders , if lets say in england the conservatives had an inheritence tax idea and added it to there manifesto, the labour party could simply take that idea nad put it into action. which means the conservatives new inivative idea is not as attractive as it once was.

its the reason many ppl say the conservative party ( opposition party now) havnt been in power for a long time because the labour party hijacked there ideas.

" why do we need the conservative party when there is a perfectly good one already in power"
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Nov 15, 2007 @ 19:40:52
@politics Said
in political conflict between the opposition and the power holders , if lets say in england the conservatives had an inheritence tax idea and added it to there manifesto, the labour party could simply take that idea nad put it into action. which means the conservatives new inivative idea is not as attractive as it once was.

its the reason many ppl say the conservative party ( opposition party now) havnt been in power for a long time because the labour party hijacked there ideas.

" why do we need the conservative party when there is a perfectly good one already in power"

A good point, and one that I believe is correct.

It's somewhat out of the scope of the original discussion though. The original thought requires the person in power to be executing on their original plan, and the detractors to continue to be detracting. Not an uncommon scenario.

I worry that you have hooked onto a semantic mistake, and you are having difficulty seeing past it. As stated, it was probably incorrect to state "the stronger position politically", and should have been along the lines of "the stronger position to argue from after policy implementation".
politics On September 10, 2013

London`, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Nov 16, 2007 @ 06:17:50
im sorry the initial question was very broad.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs